Greetings from O'Fallon (near St. Louis), Missouri

More
15 May 2013 22:11 #587611 by QNman
I have been off of all motorcycles for about 6-years due to this "outstanding" economy... but last fall, I picked up a running KZ750H2! Unfortunately (but expectedly for $500), it was running, but in HORRIBLE condition. On;y 17,000 miles, but it clearly sat for a VERY long time. Currently, the frame and motor sit on a stand in my garage, with every other part strewn across the workbench, floor, and in various cardboard boxes.

It had a spanking new battery, so there is that... it is now sitting on the old tender, staying fresh. I have bought a complete Kaw manual on fleabay, so at least I have the minimal. Today, I received the joyous news that while I am able to keep my job, I accepted a 20% pay cut (on top of no raises for five years), meaning I am now making less than I have since 2002. So the rebuild will likely be very slow...

I am an avid forum user, and thorough believer in gaining knowledge via other riders. So I look forward to engaging all of you, and hopefully offering my assistance where possible.

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

• Street Fighter LTD
  • TURBO, Its Better to be Blown than Injected
More
15 May 2013 22:20 #587617 by Street Fighter LTD
Replied by Street Fighter LTD on topic Greetings from O'Fallon (near St. Louis), Missouri
Welcome to the madness. Im sure we all are more than willing to help you any way we can

Dave B) B) B)

Original owner 78 1000 LTD
Mr Turbo Race Kit, MTC 1075 Turbo pistons by PitStop Performance , Falicon Ultra Lite Super Crank, APE everything. Les Holt @ PDM's Billet Goodies . Frame by Chuck Kurzawa @ Logghe Chassis . Deep sump 5qt oil pan. RIP Bill Hahn

More
15 May 2013 22:27 - 15 May 2013 22:29 #587620 by QNman
Thank you, sir... B)

I'm pretty mechanically inclined myself. I hope to contribute right back!

ETA: Did you add the turbo? I may want details at some point... ;)
Last edit: 15 May 2013 22:29 by QNman.

More
15 May 2013 22:36 #587624 by boatdrinks
Welcome aboard!

Charles
Madison, AL
1978 KZ650 B2A, Luminous Dark Blue