Hello From Montana

More
22 Mar 2013 01:39 #578096 by justfreaky
Hello From Montana was created by justfreaky
Hi all,

My name is Steve; And as my subject line suggests, I live in Montana. I've been lurking around on the site for a little while. Thought it was about time to register and put my project out there for all to ponder. Been riding bikes for a long while. My first KZ was back in 1980 (750 Twin. First brand new bike!).I've owned several different makes and models of bikes over the years. Like to get my knees in the breese as often as the season here allows.

My current project is nontraditional. I am using a 1980 KZ 1000 B4 for a Dwarf Car project. Plans are to run SCCA Autocross (Solocross) events with the car. Picked the scooter up for a very reasonable price. Should perhaps have restored it, as it is in very good shape and complete. I needed an engine that would suit my needs. This one will foot my needs.

Look forward to doing further research here on the site and asking some questions as they arise.

Steve

1980 Kawasaki KZ1000 B4 LTD
1981 Suzuki XS1100 Special
1984 Honda VF500

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

• Motor Head
  • User
  • FIX UP YOUR BIKE RIGHT AND CHEAP
More
22 Mar 2013 09:45 #578121 by Motor Head
Replied by Motor Head on topic Hello From Montana
Welcome to KZR. You must post up some pictures of your Dwarf Car. That will spike some interest in your project.
I've gone to the races and seen the Legend Series cars run on the streets of Surfers Paradise on the Gold Coast. those things Rock!! Their lap times are not far off of the V8's. Nothing like seeing 4 cars side by side heading into a hairpin!!
Pictures please.
:)

1982 KZ1000LTD K2 Vance & Hines 4-1 ACCEL COILS Added Vetter fairing & Bags. FOX Racing rear Shocks, Braced Swing-arm, Fork Brace, Progressive Fork Springs RT Gold Emulators, APE Valve Springs, 1166 Big Bore kit, RS34's, GPZ cams.
1980 KZ550LTD C1 Stock SOLD Miss it
1979 MAZDA RX7 in the works, 13B...

More
23 Mar 2013 07:03 #578279 by justfreaky
Replied by justfreaky on topic Hello From Montana
Hi,

Thank You for the welcome. I am really enjoying the site!

Dwarf cars are very similar to the Legends cars. No fenders or runningboards.
As of now, the car is just the bare chassis. I will post a project thread (with lots of pics) as the car starts comming together.

Steve

1980 Kawasaki KZ1000 B4 LTD
1981 Suzuki XS1100 Special
1984 Honda VF500

• wireman
  • User
  • The most interesting prick in the world
More
23 Mar 2013 09:00 #578284 by wireman
Replied by wireman on topic Hello From Montana
Welcome to z-jungle!I helped build a few dwarf cars back in early 90s when they were big around these parts B)

posting from deep under a non-descript barn in an undisclosed location southwest of Omaha.