New member check in from Florida

More
16 Mar 2013 20:40 #577268 by Bushawg
Replied by Bushawg on topic New member check in from Florida

rstnick wrote: I'm not as familiar with the 1000s, let alone the Police models, but the rear brake light switch looks stock, except for the wire connecting the switch and brake lever.
Should be a long spring, hooked on both ends.
I'd have to compare to other Police models, or hopefully one of those owners will chime in.

Looks like the forward controls, if that is what is there, has been shortened on your bike.
Need a better picture, or Spring here, before I will see his bike again.

Today I took a long look at the Clymer manual that was sent along with the bike and yep the rear brake switch is correct but not the connecting wire.
I stuck my klr650 battery in her just to see if she turned over. Oh yea... she turned over so that is encouraging.
Tomorrow I'll take the carbs off clean them up along with the inside of the fuel tank.

should I start a thread under projects to continue with this adventure ?
Don

85 KZ1000p
06 KLR650
02 KTM 520EXC (for playing in the sand)
The following user(s) said Thank You: Britbiker

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
16 Mar 2013 22:56 #577292 by Britbiker
Replied by Britbiker on topic Start new Thread
Hi there,

You could start a new thread I am in the "same Boat" am about to get hold of a 81 KZ 750 which has been standing for about 5 years inside garage fortuneatly .It will need a full going over , is it Seafoam some thing like that for cleaning all the gum out of the carbs ?
I down loaded the Kawi Four manual from the tradebit website only $7 but beware you need plenty of ink.
Keith

More
17 Mar 2013 07:19 - 17 Mar 2013 07:22 #577324 by Bushawg
Replied by Bushawg on topic Start new Thread

Britbiker wrote: Hi there,
is it Seafoam some thing like that for cleaning all the gum out of the carbs ? Keith

I've used the pin-sol method before. Thought i'd post a link here from the klrworld.com website that shows result of soaking carbs in pine-sol. This fella as you'll see, soaked a bank of 4 carbs with good results.
There is also the baking soda sand blaster meathod shown here . These are of course just some alternative idea. I've used Sefoam in the past. Usually keeping some mixed in with my gas. It's just expensive as a cleaner for carb bowls, etc.
Don

85 KZ1000p
06 KLR650
02 KTM 520EXC (for playing in the sand)
Last edit: 17 Mar 2013 07:22 by Bushawg.
The following user(s) said Thank You: Britbiker

• Kawickrice
  • User
  • After Monday & Tuesday, even the calendar says WTF
More
17 Mar 2013 14:04 #577368 by Kawickrice
Replied by Kawickrice on topic Start new Thread
Welcome from Tampa

You should start a new thread on your trials and tribulations. Good luck and have fun. I want a cop bike and the price was right for you

73 Kawasaki Z1
07 HD CVO Ultra Classic
82 Suzuki GS 1100
74 Yamaha RD 350 (My two stroke toy)
77 Kawasaki KZ 650B-1 (My putt around bike)
80 Indian Moped (My American Iron)
Long Gone
75 Suzuki GT550
74 GT 380
79 RD 400 Daytona Special
72 Honda CL 175
74 Honda QA 50
Tampa FL