Wirewulf, checking back in!

More
15 Feb 2013 21:00 #572577 by Wirewulf
Wirewulf, checking back in! was created by Wirewulf
Howdy folks! I'm checking back in after nearly a six year hiatus. Got into KZs when I was in college, which was about 15 years ago. Haven't put in all that much riding time, though, since my bikes have always been "projects" and then I got a family. Haven't ridden since my first daughter was born six years ago and my bikes have gone into disrepair from neglect. I've got three-ish bikes, two 1981 KZ 750 LTDs and a '79 KZ 1000. I say "ish" because the 1000 is in parts scattered to the four corners of the Earth.
One of the 750s, bought for parts, turned out to be in pretty good shape. I'm starting that project again, with the intention of doing a restoration for sale. It's got original paint in good shape, with less than 15K miles on it. Shouldn't be much more than cleaning, replacing a few parts, and sorting out some electrical gremlins.
The other 750 I'll be thoroughly chopping up. I'll be frankensteining a bunch of pieces together and making it "art." But that's on the back burner.
On the way back burner is the 1000. But I'm sure I can get some inspiration from you all!
Anywho, good to be back. I see some familiar faces and some new ones. Look forward to learning from you all.

Jay

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

• wireman
  • User
  • The most interesting prick in the world
More
15 Feb 2013 21:39 #572594 by wireman
Replied by wireman on topic Wirewulf, checking back in!
Welcome back to z-jungle! B)

posting from deep under a non-descript barn in an undisclosed location southwest of Omaha.

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.