New KZ Owner

More
26 Jun 2006 09:44 #57232 by Mandrake
New KZ Owner was created by Mandrake
Well I did it. I bought a 1988 KZ1000 Police Bike. It was actually used by Park Rangers. It has 18k and runs well. Never thought I'd by a bike with a fairing and bags but this is cool bike. It will need some work so I'll go at it pretty good over the cold season. I was thinking of painting it with a military theme. Any suggestions.

I'm looking forward to using this site often

Mandrake

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
26 Jun 2006 10:51 #57245 by ambergrismooon
Replied by ambergrismooon on topic New KZ Owner
I suppose 50 calibers, big red DANGER stickers, NO STEP stickers and General flags. Oh and tape up the headlight so only a little rectangle shows through. I'd say rocket launchers but that'd be silly! :woohoo: Quite a few PD bikes here. You should find a lot of help. Jut look at the bike of the month!! PT's hoss is a pretty thing! (that will be $5 PT for the publicity!) B) :whistle: But then again you have a Yogi Bike (Mr. Ranger Sir how about a pickanick basket?)
Attachments:

More
26 Jun 2006 11:54 #57265 by Mandrake
Replied by Mandrake on topic New KZ Owner
I was thinking of doing the paint in a Desert Storm scheme. Using khaki and greens.
Thanks for the suggestions

Mandrake

More
26 Jun 2006 12:23 #57280 by ltdrider
Replied by ltdrider on topic New KZ Owner
Welcome to the site.
I think camouflage would be kind of cool on a bike.... but it may really reduce your visibility, especially with pilots and satellites.

'76 KZ900 LTD (Blaze)
'96 Voyager XII (Dark Star)
'79 KZ650 Cafe Project (Dirty Kurt)
Greensboro, NC

More
26 Jun 2006 14:59 #57319 by Mandrake
Replied by Mandrake on topic New KZ Owner
I have actually thought of incorporating one of the newer desert camos in my scheme. My brother-in-law does camo work on firearms - www.ko-tonics.com

The style of the KZ1000 lends itself to a miltary look. Perhaps a white star on the tank or bags would look good.

Thanks for the welcome

Mandrake