CSR Representin PA Here!!!

• HeartOfSwords
  • Topic Author
  • User
  • Yeah, I Can Fly...
More
13 Sep 2012 19:38 #548515 by HeartOfSwords
CSR Representin PA Here!!! was created by HeartOfSwords
Hey guys! My names Michael and I am a proud owner of a 1981 650 CSR running project that I got in a trade. Im in no way new to motorcycles but I am new to Kawasaki. Im really looking forward to meeting people here and getting to know alot more about my bike so I can have this thing ripping around in no time! I am definately going to need help with this thing because its no where near original. Ive been trying to look at pics online and determine what these different parts on this bike are. From what I gathered so far, the frame is a 1981 KZ650H, the motor is a 750 out of a KZ750LTD, and the carbs looked like they resembled KZ1000 carbs but when I looked up the 650 CSR carbs they look the same as well. Anyways, I guess discovery will be half the fun with the bike! Sorry for the long intro, heres some pics!!! See you all around the forum!!!

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
13 Sep 2012 20:26 #548521 by drfantastik
Replied by drfantastik on topic CSR Representin PA Here!!!
Welcome!!

Looks like a good platform to start with. And trust me, the answers are all here, all you need to do is ask.

A fellow PA local, nice. Whereabouts? I'm in Harrisburg.

Good luck with the project, and make sure to keep us updated...(we like pics, reading is hard for some of us) :woohoo:

\'77 KZ650C
Harrisburg, PA

• HeartOfSwords
  • Topic Author
  • User
  • Yeah, I Can Fly...
More
13 Sep 2012 20:31 #548523 by HeartOfSwords
Replied by HeartOfSwords on topic CSR Representin PA Here!!!
Thanks for the welcome and nice to meet you! Im in Reinholds PA, its about 10 mins from Reading. I am definately excited to get this project rolling and Im so glad theres a site like this for me to get the answers I am definately going to need! I will definately get pics, mainly because I love to look back and see the transformations my projects go through until I hit the end result!

More
14 Sep 2012 22:28 #548751 by grumpy56
Replied by grumpy56 on topic CSR Representin PA Here!!!
ex (32 years ago) PA guy from Johnstown here and a Z1 addict since 1975

Lewis
1982 KZ1000-J2
2006 HD FXD35
1970 Suzuki T350
1972 Suzuki GT380 (In-Process)
In The Past...71 TM400, 72 H-D SS350, 72 GT380, 75 Z1B, 77 XLH, 79 CB750K

• HeartOfSwords
  • Topic Author
  • User
  • Yeah, I Can Fly...
More
14 Sep 2012 22:45 #548758 by HeartOfSwords
Nice! I cant wait til I can be riding mine! I got to ride it home and can tell Im already loving how it rides! Once I get my carbs squared away and a set of air filters Ill be good to go!

More
15 Sep 2012 12:46 #548841 by martin_csr
Replied by martin_csr on topic CSR Representin PA Here!!!
The carburetors are probaby the stock VM24s w accelerator pump from the 650-CSR. You could post of photo of them or look around the wgcarbs site.

• HeartOfSwords
  • Topic Author
  • User
  • Yeah, I Can Fly...
More
16 Sep 2012 16:08 #549084 by HeartOfSwords

martin_csr wrote: The carburetors are probaby the stock VM24s w accelerator pump from the 650-CSR. You could post of photo of them or look around the wgcarbs site.

Done deal!!! Pics posted in this thread

www.kzrider.com/forum/3-carburetor/54908...-and-help-setting-up

More
18 Sep 2012 07:36 - 22 Jan 2013 23:51 #549405 by martin_csr
Replied by martin_csr on topic CSR Representin PA Here!!!
Files section- pdf KAWASAKI manual for the 81 KZ650. jarlef Z650 - Files .
Last edit: 22 Jan 2013 23:51 by martin_csr.

More
18 Sep 2012 09:41 #549413 by peter1958

• HeartOfSwords
  • Topic Author
  • User
  • Yeah, I Can Fly...
More
18 Sep 2012 13:57 #549453 by HeartOfSwords

peter1958 wrote: I`m right down the road if you need help. Ephrata

Awesome! I just moved from Ephrata last month. I had an apartment down town along main street. Id welcome help anytime! Im currently discussing what to do about my carbs in a different thread. Im trying to make a plan so I have an idea of what to buy and have all materials ready when Im ready to tear them apartDo you go to first sunday at all?

More
18 Sep 2012 21:57 #549573 by csrjoe
Replied by csrjoe on topic CSR Representin PA Here!!!
Welcome, I have aN 83 CSR 650, Just had the steering head bearing replaced and replaced chain with New one. What a difference in the sterring, its like a new bike. I hope to see you continue to post your work on the csr, I think we r 2 of 4 on here.

• HeartOfSwords
  • Topic Author
  • User
  • Yeah, I Can Fly...
More
19 Sep 2012 00:58 #549616 by HeartOfSwords

csrjoe wrote: Welcome, I have aN 83 CSR 650, Just had the steering head bearing replaced and replaced chain with New one. What a difference in the sterring, its like a new bike. I hope to see you continue to post your work on the csr, I think we r 2 of 4 on here.

thanks for the welcome! This site has been fantastic for info and all sorts of things! You can count on the fact I will prob be posting everything I do to the csr so at least I can be guided to do the work correctly, lol. Im glad to jear you got your bike good to go as well! Ill keep an eye out for threads of your work with your bike and maybe get ideas for mine lol