Engine and Frame. What is it worth?

More
19 Aug 2012 14:03 #543425 by rockyj82
Engine and Frame. What is it worth? was created by rockyj82
Ok so here is my question not really new here but hopefully someone can give me a little insight. I have a 77 kz650 c1 that I have had for about 10 years. Well I now have a family and am parting the bike out I have actually parted most of it out on ebay and made out really well. I do however have the frame and engine left along with some other things ( they are listed in the for sale section if anyone is interested). The engine ran great the last time I had it running about 5 years ago, Im sure the carbs need gone over now and has been garage kept ever since it was new( Bike is only a two owner) Any way my question is would I be better off trying to sell the frame and engine together or seperatly I wasnt sure if it would be worth any more since they are numbers matching or if in the motorcycle world this is not a big deal. Also does anyone have any idea how much either or both would be worth? Thanks for the time any info would be appreciatted.

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
19 Aug 2012 23:09 - 19 Aug 2012 23:12 #543513 by 650ed
Replied by 650ed on topic Engine and Frame. What is it worth?
No eBay APP ID and/or Cert ID defined in Kunena configurationYou parted out a 2-owner, garage kept, KZ650-C1 that ran great? :unsure: :dry: Why didn't you sell it whole? :blink:

1977 KZ650-C1 Original Owner - Stock (with additional invisible FIAMM horn)
Last edit: 19 Aug 2012 23:12 by 650ed.

More
20 Aug 2012 21:44 #543734 by rockyj82
Replied by rockyj82 on topic Engine and Frame. What is it worth?
Well actually that is the begining of the story. So grab a chilly willy and listen to the way it came about. The way the story ended was I had it in my garage and had a trash truck come through the garage door (Uninvited) and destroyed the garage with the bike in it. After I cleaned everything up. I found that the tank was crushed, it scurffed up the exhaust and put a tear in the seat. Although you can sell these bikes for a descent price if they are in mint condition which I have to say mine pretty much was. If they need any major amount of work (like a new tank with matching moondust metallic paint) they dont go for beans. However I found that parts that are still in great condition with good chrome and no rust still go for alot. So after seeing what the parts go for, and having a wife that was pregnant with our first. I decided to part it out on ebay and actually you would be surprised how well I made out (If you dont count my time of course). Plus what I kept telling myself through the whole process is the parts from this one bike were either restoring or keeping other bikes on the road like the one that had given us so many memories. So any way what i ended up with is all the big stuff that I really didnt want to fool with shipping long distances. (Wheels, frame, Engine, Exhaust) Well I would now like to clean out some room in the garage and although I have seen lots of engine parts go on ebay I am hopeing to maybe sell the engine/trans as one unit and hence the question about selling ther engine frame seperate or together and there values. The reason for the question is I have watched frames go for 8 to 900 dollars and others go for 150 I just wasnt sure what the difference was. Sorry for the long explanation, but I just wanted to give you the facts so you dont think I was a complete fool. There may be a time I look back on it wish I had restored it but who amongst us cant look back and think of a time or two where we coulda shoulda. Thanks for asking though!!

More
20 Aug 2012 22:16 #543741 by JEFFG1
Replied by JEFFG1 on topic Engine and Frame. What is it worth?
does the frame come with a title ??

1976 KZ 900 PRO STREET 1977 kz1000 dragbike project

More
21 Aug 2012 12:43 #543881 by rockyj82
Replied by rockyj82 on topic Engine and Frame. What is it worth?
Yes I do have a clear title with it.