NEW GUY

More
19 Aug 2012 11:29 #543398 by El Borracho
NEW GUY was created by El Borracho
Whats up!?
New to the forum, and super happy I found it. I know I'll have to spend some time searching and digging through post to find what i need, but in the meantime, does anyone know if there is a wiring diagram for a kickstart only?
I have a 1978 KZ650 that I'd really like to make a kickstart only bobber out of but have absolutely zero knowledge of electrical/wiring and quite frankly am pretty scared of it. Any help appreciated. Other than that, if you a kzrider and want to drink a beer, rider or tinker on a kz, I'm in Phoenix AZ and my door is always open.

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
19 Aug 2012 11:49 #543400 by Tomolu5
Replied by Tomolu5 on topic NEW GUY
Welcome!!!! You could search and dig around, but your basically just looking to eliminate the starter button. I would leave the starter assembly in there, and even install a hidden button for when the old girl is giving you fits, unless you are looking to shed the pound or so of weight that the starter and all it wire will save. Some type of battery will likely still be needed even without starter. Those new lithium dry cells are really really small, and can be mounted in any position.

Tom

Mine:
04 Honda rebel 250(wifes)
04 GSXR 750(bolt on galore)
98 CBR 600F3(filter, pipe, adjustable cam sprokets, dyno tune)
76 KZ900A (LTD gauge pods, crash bars, LTD(style)pipes, dyna coils and ignition,headwork and mild port cleanup by cavanaugh racing, K&N filter pods, heck I dunno.

• wireman
  • User
  • The most interesting prick in the world
More
19 Aug 2012 12:25 #543407 by wireman
Replied by wireman on topic NEW GUY
Pm OMR,hes an electrical genius who lives in your area B)

posting from deep under a non-descript barn in an undisclosed location southwest of Omaha.