New to the forum! Have KZ550 questions.

• Got Trq
  • Topic Author
  • Visitor
14 Aug 2012 22:34 - 14 Aug 2012 22:35 #542664 by Got Trq
No eBay APP ID and/or Cert ID defined in Kunena configurationHi all,

My dad has an 81 KZ550, a couple years ago he broke the mirror off the master brake cylinder. So he decided to do some maintenance at that time. (Plugs, tires, batt, brake fluid...) But he lost the master brake cyl (the whole thing). So I was wondering before we go pay $250 for a NOS one or $50+ for a used one that who knows the condition of. Is there another one we could use or maybe a front fork with dual disks that is easily found and can be swapped on fairly easy? Just looking for some options on what we can do with the bike to get it back on the road.

The bike is 100% stock, is there anything we should change out? I believe it has the original sprocket and chain, what would be a good option for that?

Thanks for all your guys help! This site has a ton of great info but I'm more of a car guy so I'm not savvy on what we could do to this bike yet.

-Quinn

-Edit, forgot to add I found this:

Will that work on an 81 if there's no better option?
Last edit: 14 Aug 2012 22:35 by Got Trq.

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
14 Aug 2012 22:43 #542669 by Patton
Replied by Patton on topic New to the forum! Have KZ550 questions.
Hello, Quinn, and WELCOME to KZrider! :cheer:

Lots of good info on kawasaki.com, including parts diagrams, part names, part numbers, models sharing same part, availability, etc. Here's a link for help with navigating the site and finding information.
kzrider.com/index.php?option=com_kunena&...w&catid=13&id=376734

Good Fortune! :)

1973 Z1
KZ900 LTD

• Got Trq
  • Topic Author
  • Visitor
14 Aug 2012 22:49 #542670 by Got Trq
Replied by Got Trq on topic New to the forum! Have KZ550 questions.
Thanks for the link! That is a cool site Kawasaki set up. But it says the master brake cyl is "Cancelled" I'm guessing it's discontinued. So that's why I was wondering if there was a different route or if I need to find a NOS or used part?