Coming from an 81 xj750..

More
22 Jun 2012 17:38 #531055 by Eddyv54
Coming from an 81 xj750.. was created by Eddyv54
First ridable street bike was going to the xj, but the previous owners left the bike uncovered outside for the past 4 years.. And I live in the seattle area. I thought I could fix it, but every problem I fixed lead to 3 more caused by rust or corosion on an important part. After rebuilding the carbs twice (one carb rack was badly corroded and I tried to fix it with jb weld/gasket sealer. Ended up getting a second carb rack for cheap that was in good shape. Bought caliper rebuild kits etc..

Finally, yesterday, after putting the bike back together (not really, put fuel tank back on and got fuel line connected), the bike would not start after the carbs were primed. Went to the store, bought starter spray, and the starter wont engage. Starter is fine, bypassed run switch and start button, still no go. Only thing is... It could be the solenoid... But.. Friend offered me a running, excellent condition 78 kz650. No title, but thats fine.. Few dents in the tank, but good. I will have pictures soon.

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
22 Jun 2012 18:04 #531058 by faffi
Replied by faffi on topic Coming from an 81 xj750..
Congrats and welcome :) I owned an XJ750 Seca in 1983, bought it brand new. Other than engine power, there is nothing there that I would take over what I have on my KZ650. Well, if I rode everyday in all sorts of weather I'd take the shaft final drive. But since I'm a fair weather rider I prefer the chain.

In other words, you've done good :D

1977 KZ650B1
1980 F1 engine
B1 3-phase alternator
B1 Points ignition

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.