NEW KZ OWNER

More
14 May 2012 02:46 #522217 by kz_cinci
NEW KZ OWNER was created by kz_cinci
KZRforums.... thanks alot for all of the help prior to me becoming a member!! I recently picked up my second Kawasaki, and first kz.. a 1983 kz550 ltd. Picked it up on a trade, valued at $200 from my side.. previous owner had ridden it fairly often two years earlier. The carbs were pulled to be cleaned/rebuilt but were never finished. After hearing the engine turn over and seeing the clear title, i went on with the trade... here are a few photos..
Attachments:

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
14 May 2012 03:08 #522218 by kz_cinci
Replied by kz_cinci on topic NEW KZ OWNER
The carb kits were ordered off of ebay shortly after for around $90. In the meantime I decided to start stripping her down, and de-ltd'ing it as much as possible.. mostly removal of unnecessary chrome and reflectors/ borderline apehangers. A friend who stopped by just so happened to have a set of clubman bars that he made a while back in his truck...
Attachments:

More
14 May 2012 17:47 #522334 by Tabata
Replied by Tabata on topic NEW KZ OWNER
Nice 550 man. Just curious, what length cables did you end up using after you switched to the new bars?

1982 csr650

More
14 May 2012 21:59 #522399 by kz_cinci
Replied by kz_cinci on topic NEW KZ OWNER
It's just mocked up for now, I still need to re route,shorten, or replace some wires. The master cyclinder I knew would be an issue with these bars, but i was planning on temporarily running without the tach and moving things around later. Turns out that the handles are still too short (7 3/4) to squeeze everything on by nearly 3/4"... Not sure whether I'm going to add some length to these or make a new set out of the original bars. Can't wait untill this weekend to actually make some progress.. I did however bring an old cb650 from the same year back to life for my little brothers first bike, tuned up my cbr, did some minor work on a vstar for some cash, and found a buyer for my old kawasaki... So all wasn't lost.. just need less time at work and more time wrenchin..