TURBO BIKE PICS FROM A ALMOST NEW MEMBER

• Street Fighter LTD
  • Topic Author
  • TURBO, Its Better to be Blown than Injected
More
11 May 2012 08:19 #521490 by Street Fighter LTD
Replied by Street Fighter LTD on topic TURBO BIKE PICS FROM A ALMOST NEW MEMBER
I will have to get ahold of a good scanner to scan all my old dragstrip photos from back in the day so I can share them with everyone. Also have pictures of the original build of my Turbo LTD from early 80s. B)

Original owner 78 1000 LTD
Mr Turbo Race Kit, MTC 1075 Turbo pistons by PitStop Performance , Falicon Ultra Lite Super Crank, APE everything. Les Holt @ PDM's Billet Goodies . Frame by Chuck Kurzawa @ Logghe Chassis . Deep sump 5qt oil pan. RIP Bill Hahn

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
11 May 2012 22:14 #521663 by les holt
Replied by les holt on topic TURBO BIKE PICS FROM A ALMOST NEW MEMBER
How the heck did he get that clutch to hold on that Z1R? Or did he have the spacer to allow a stock clutch cover with a lockup? I never could get my all motor 1200 clutch to hold before we sprayed it, put lockup and spray on and yeeeeeehaaaaaa that thing was nasty.

Les

More
11 May 2012 22:22 #521666 by 821000ltd
Replied by 821000ltd on topic TURBO BIKE PICS FROM A ALMOST NEW MEMBER
Is that Bo O'Brocta on that Terminal Van Lines bike.

82 KZ1000 LTD
Kerker 4 to 1

80 KZ 250

• Street Fighter LTD
  • Topic Author
More
12 May 2012 10:07 #521760 by Street Fighter LTD
LES
That Z1R was always in a state of evolving ..
Ted was not afraid to beat it hard and we put more pistons, and clutches in it than 10 other bikes will ever see. But that also made him very fast. This bike ended up with a 1075 ATP Turbo kit, with a 6 or 8 inch over swingarm.2 stage nitrous and more. He strechted the seat to match the new wheelbase and painted it saffire blue candy over gold flake.

Mr Turbo Race Kit, MTC 1075 Turbo pistons by PitStop Performance , Falicon Ultra Lite Super Crank, APE everything. Les Holt @ PDM's Billet Goodies . Frame by Chuck Kurzawa @ Logghe Chassis . Deep sump 5qt oil pan. RIP Bill Hahn

• Street Fighter LTD
  • Topic Author
More
12 May 2012 10:10 #521762 by Street Fighter LTD

YES Thats BO on the bike Very Kool Guy to know. Knew him while he rode Bill Hahns Funny Bike RIP BO

Attachments:

More
12 May 2012 10:25 #521768 by les holt
Yeah, that makes sense on the multiple clutch changes. We took a turbo Z1R to bike week in 92, 1045 with spray, made 297hp and couldn't get the spray to work. The 2 other Z1R turbos made 170 something and 190 something. All of them claimed to have the exact same combos but I didn't buy it. I've got a passion for these turbo things so I know your addiction.

Les
The following user(s) said Thank You: wireman

• Street Fighter LTD
  • Topic Author
More
12 May 2012 10:31 #521770 by Street Fighter LTD
LES
I hope you are looking at my pics as I want to come see you when the riding season is over for a trick swingarm. Plenty of time to brajn storm ideas.

More
12 May 2012 11:26 #521786 by les holt
Oh yeah, I'm looking. ;) When you posted those times I chucked, buddy of mine went off the end of a local track back in the early 80's on a turbo Z1R, went 9.56 at 156 mph. They had way more go than woe. :laugh:

Les

• Street Fighter LTD
  • Topic Author
More
12 May 2012 11:37 #521790 by Street Fighter LTD
Yep Those were the days
My Buddy got that Z1R down to 9 flat before he sold it. Miss that bike, Hope to see it again and maybe buy it for old times sake. Gonna find a scanner then upload a bunch more shots from the Days of Thunder

• mark1122
  • User
  • Keep twisting it
More
12 May 2012 13:24 #521805 by mark1122
Replied by mark1122 on topic TURBO BIKE PICS FROM A ALMOST NEW MEMBER
Killer pics.
Thanks for sharing. B)

76 KZ, frame gusset work,1200CC.Ported by Larry Cavanaugh, 1.5mm.over intakes, Carron Pipe, ZRX12 rear end, and seat,96zx9 front end.
01 CBR600F4i Track bike.
Cobourg, Ont. Can.

~ ~ ~_@
~ ~ _- \,
~ (k) / (z)