• saxonpirate
  • Topic Author
  • User
  • 1983 KZ1100 LTD
More
15 Apr 2012 18:22 - 17 Apr 2012 19:08 #515974 by saxonpirate
A big HELLO from Falmouth in the UK... was created by saxonpirate
Hi everybody...

I thought I'd better pop in here and introduce myself on this great forum. So glad I found it.

I live in the beautiful county of Cornwall, near a town called Falmouth which is a sea port. If I travel approx 25 miles further west I get to Lands End... literally. Nothing then but thousands of miles of Atlantic Ocean until you get to the States. As beautiful as it is, you've got to watch yourself on a bike due to the high volume of cars on the roads, in what is basically a rural area. Cars pulling out of side roads is the biggest danger, which I found out to my cost 6 years ago. At 60 miles an hour, I was lucky to get away with my life. Badly injured but still breathing... :)

And so to bikes and biking. It's taken me those 6 years to get back into riding again. Got the call and just couldn't resist it. I've bought myself a 1983 KZ1100 LTD. It was leaking oil in all the usual places and running as rough as rats, but work is in progress and I'm hoping within a week or two to be back on the road. I've been riding bikes since I was 15 years old and I'm just 60 now, so as you can guess I've got through a few in my time. I actually passed my test on an old BSA Bantam, a single sprung seat job. I won't go through the whole list of bikes I've owned otherwise you'll be bored to tears, and I can't remember them all anyway. Among my mounts I've had an old AJS with side lever gear change (my dads old bike) a Triumph Tiger Cub (bloody timing kept slipping) a BSA C15 (a lovely old thumper) Lambretta Scooters (can't remember why) a Honda Dream (more like a nightmare) and a couple of Triumph Bonnevilles...

Now I've saved the best until last... KWACKERS :laugh: In 1974 I was earning more money than was good for me and I bought a ten month old Kawasaki Z1-A 900. Jeez.. I wish I had that bike now, I'd have myself a damn good investment.>>>(couple of Suzies in between)<<< My next Kawasaki was a 79 KZ1000-B3 LTD, about six years old when I got hold of it. I did thousands of miles on that bike, and toured all over the UK and Europe. Next up was a 1983 Z1100 A3 that I bought in 2000 I think. It was in lovely condition and had had only one previous owner. Did thousands of miles on that bike too, but it was that bike I had my accident on. I repaired it myself with the insurance money and rode it again, but felt nervous and a little paranoid so she had to go. So here I am today, the proud owner of yet another BIG Z and itching to get back in the saddle 'proper' again. I hope I haven't bored you to death with my bit of biking history, I just thought it gives a bit of insight into the part motorbikes have played in my life so far...

Cheers everybody....

Attachment 002963.jpg not found

Attachment DAVESKWACKER.JPG not found

I've got other photos of earlier bikes but they are 35mm in photo albums. Guess I'm going to have to scan them....

1983 KZ1100 LTD..

Ride like your life depended on it :-)
Attachments:
Last edit: 17 Apr 2012 19:08 by saxonpirate.

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

• Street Fighter LTD
  • TURBO, Its Better to be Blown than Injected
More
15 Apr 2012 19:53 #515996 by Street Fighter LTD
Replied by Street Fighter LTD on topic A big HELLO from Falmouth in the UK...
Welcome to the KZ madness. Sounds like you will fit right in.
AS others will post and said to me Post Pictures of your bike and ones from the past.

Original owner 78 1000 LTD
Mr Turbo Race Kit, MTC 1075 Turbo pistons by PitStop Performance , Falicon Ultra Lite Super Crank, APE everything. Les Holt @ PDM's Billet Goodies . Frame by Chuck Kurzawa @ Logghe Chassis . Deep sump 5qt oil pan. RIP Bill Hahn
The following user(s) said Thank You: saxonpirate

More
16 Apr 2012 12:39 #516152 by 531blackbanshee
Replied by 531blackbanshee on topic A big HELLO from Falmouth in the UK...
welcome.

leon

skiatook,oklahoma 1980 z1r,1978 kz 1000 z1r x 3,
1976 kz 900 x 3
i make what i can,and save the rest!

billybiltit.blogspot.com/

www.kzrider.com/forum/5-chassis/325862-triple-tree-custom-work

kzrider.com/forum/5-chassis/294594-frame-bracing?limitstart=0

More
16 Apr 2012 13:33 #516156 by Rickman
Replied by Rickman on topic A big HELLO from Falmouth in the UK...
And once you get across that ocean to the states, you'll find another Falmouth! I thought you might be near to me, but you're actually an ocean away. Same model bike as me, though!
Welcome to KZRIDER.

1983 KZ1100-L1 "LTD Shaft"
Wiseco 10.5:1 1171 piston kit, bored by APE
Dyna 2000, Dyna S, Dyna grey coils, WG coil power mod, CB900 starter

• saxonpirate
  • Topic Author
  • User
  • 1983 KZ1100 LTD
More
16 Apr 2012 15:11 - 16 Apr 2012 15:13 #516176 by saxonpirate
Replied by saxonpirate on topic A big HELLO from Falmouth in the UK...
Cheers guys, very much appreciated :)

By the way, how can I upload some photo's ? It appears they have to be on an online site like Photobucket etc. Is it possible to upload straight from your hard drive...

Rickman... does your Falmouth in the states take its name from "The Old Country"..? Just wondering, because Falmouth where I am is an incredibly old seaport. It was the first port of call the old sailing vessels used to stop at after crossing the Atlantic or Biscay. Also has one of the largest natural harbours in the world...

1983 KZ1100 LTD..

Ride like your life depended on it :-)
Last edit: 16 Apr 2012 15:13 by saxonpirate.

More
16 Apr 2012 15:51 #516187 by Mcdroid
Replied by Mcdroid on topic A big HELLO from Falmouth in the UK...
Nice introduction Saxonpirate...welcome to KZRider.

Michael
Victoria, Texas

1982 GPz750
1977 KZ1000A
1978 KZ1000A
1982 GPz1100
1975 Z2A

More
17 Apr 2012 16:58 #516365 by gr8fulzed
Replied by gr8fulzed on topic A big HELLO from Falmouth in the UK...
welcome saxonpirate, good story! i'm fairly sure you'll need a photobucket or similar account. pretty straightforward to use.

Z1000 LTD

More
17 Apr 2012 21:25 #516388 by rstnick
Replied by rstnick on topic A big HELLO from Falmouth in the UK...
Welcome Saxonpirate from the other country on the other side of the Atlantic. Canada.
Nice looking Zs you got pictured there.
B)

Have fun, and ride safely.

Rob
CANADA

Need a key for your Kawasaki? PM me

1978 KZ650 C2, 130K kms, Delkevic ex, EI, CVK32, PMC easy clutch, ATK fork brace, steering damper, braced swingarm, 18" Z1R front wheel.
2000 ZRX1100
2011 Ninja 250R
2005 z750s