New here, 1980 KZ750G Project > brat/cafe racer

More
05 Apr 2012 12:46 - 05 Apr 2012 13:16 #514193 by Vix
Howdie! Have been finding lots of great info on this site and thought I would register and say "hi." Have a newer Suzuki sport bike but also want a cafe racer style bike so this week my boyfriend and I got a 1980 KZ750G to work on. (I am working on a design I like, he is going to be doing the work.) :)

We have been doing pretty well finding some resources online plus we have friends who do custom metal work and painting, but if there are some especially good places you know of for parts for the bike, or tips on this particular model, would be great to know from those who have some experience with the KZs.

Attachment IMG956894.jpg not found

Thanks!

Project Bike: 1980 KZ750G Twin
Converting to "brat/cafe racer" style bike
Attachments:
Last edit: 05 Apr 2012 13:16 by Vix.

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
05 Apr 2012 13:07 #514195 by silverghost
Replied by silverghost on topic New here, 1980 KZ750G Project > brat/cafe racer
Welcome :P
The following user(s) said Thank You: Vix

More
06 Apr 2012 03:46 #514309 by jonnybravo
Replied by jonnybravo on topic New here, 1980 KZ750G Project > brat/cafe racer
welcome, cafe the hell out of it, I've seen some parts on ebay (I'm sure u've checked already) that will work, others have cafe'd 750s so the info is there, good luck
The following user(s) said Thank You: Vix

More
06 Apr 2012 10:55 #514343 by Vix
Thanks Jonnybravo! We just ordered some stuff from various places and this weekend are on a mission to find a rear fender. :) I think there is a salvage yard nearby we can go take a look at.

There are so many details but it's a lot of fun! Right now I am trying to re-design the dash, don't mind the original tach and speedo so much but the indicator lights/overall dashboard should end up looking pretty different.

In my research I have found the posts here very genuine and helpful, appreciate that there's a community of people like this!

Project Bike: 1980 KZ750G Twin
Converting to "brat/cafe racer" style bike