Hello for the first time from Manhattan Illinois

More
04 Mar 2012 21:03 #507789 by Zapzuta
My father bought his 76 900 brand new. A couple of years later when I was born he completely rebuilt the bike from the ground up. 1075 kit, blueprinted, pinstripe flame paint, Mage wheels, chrome, and the list goes on. I grew up getting rides on the tank until I was big enough to hold on the back. There is something about kz's that make them standout above all bikes that only kz lovers understand. Unfortunately my father passed away last year and my mother gave me the bike. I am very happy to own the bike now but I would give it back in heart beat to get dad back. My bike is getting completely rebuilt again buy a bike builder in Indiana by the name of Larry from lhkaws. In a couple of months it will be done and I will be riding the he'll out of it. Keep me in mind if any of you live around my area when you ride this summer!

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

• z1kzonly
  • User
  • Sustaining Member
More
04 Mar 2012 21:30 #507800 by z1kzonly
Nice story, good for you! Sorry for your lose.
I hope this Larry guy is a family friend, good guy. I hope he knows the KZ. I hope he does you and your memories proud!
And don't forget, money don't matter in this kind of project. Just do it. Always check here, cause there are plenty of used parts avalible. If you happen to need something. Just ask!

Livin in "CheektaVegas, NY
Went thru 25 of these in 40 yrs.
I SOLD OUT! THE KAW BARN IS EMPTY.
More room for The Old Girl, Harley 75 FLH Electra Glide,
Old faithful! Points ign. Bendix Orig. carb.
Starts everytime!

More
04 Mar 2012 21:33 #507802 by ramtough_63
Replied by ramtough_63 on topic Hello for the first time from Manhattan Illinois
sorry for your loss. I hope Larry hooks you up. thats a great story and wonderful memories wish I could find the old BSA my unvle used to sit me on

1978 KZ1000 A2
Thrown Together To Ride Til Winter
Facebook Page
Free Range Custom Art

1982/83 750R/GPZ
1984 Goldwing 1200 Interstate
1982 Yamahopper QT50
Previous
2 79 HD sporty XLH
02 HD FLSTS Heritage
60's HD Hummer
70's Honda 550 Four
70 Yamaha 100
and various enduros dirtbikes minibikes...

More
04 Mar 2012 23:24 #507827 by racer54
I've heard of Larry. He used to be heard on this site and a few others. Haven't heard from him in a while though. He always sounded like he knew what he was talking about so I'm sure your KZ is in good hands.

1980 LTD (changed over the years), 1979 LTD (being rebuilt), 1977 KZ turbo and various KZ's in various states of build. KLX110