Brand new to to my '80 kz750

More
02 Jan 2012 22:21 #495930 by The1stKZ
Brand new to to my '80 kz750 was created by The1stKZ
I just picked up a kz750 project today, this is my first bike and I don't know too much about them, but I'm anxious to learn all about them. I've helped out my brother with a few KZ's before, but this is my solo project. I have a few questions, and I have been reading up, but three of the four carb slides are frozen. The bike was sitting with gas in it so I'm hoping they can be freed up with some pb or wd-40, I just need to know where to spray it. Do i take off the top piece and spray where the spring is, or spray past the butterfly valve, or both?

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

• ready2ryde1985
  • User
  • got to love these kzs
More
04 Jan 2012 15:00 #496292 by ready2ryde1985
Replied by ready2ryde1985 on topic Brand new to to my '80 kz750
Im not real carb savy (is that a word?) any way I would not spray anything on them sounds like they need tore down and cleaned or you will be fighting them forever lol.

;) WG does carbs and from what I hear he is good, so thats a thought if its over your head.

If you do tear your carbs apart lable everything the carb slides have to go back in the same body!
As far as being new take pics some of these guys can tell you carb parts from across the room and have no problem flexing their brain to show a newby like us whats up.

Good luck welcome to Zjungle its a little crazy here but we all love it!!

84 kz 700 a1
82 kz550 ltd

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.