New and need a kz900 id

• Kawickrice
  • User
  • After Monday & Tuesday, even the calendar says WTF
More
30 Dec 2011 19:52 #495353 by Kawickrice
Replied by Kawickrice on topic New and need a kz900 id
I would not pay $400 for it much less $900 for it (USD). If it were all original it would be worth some coin but this bike has been cobbled together with an assortment of parts like Frankenstein. Just my opinion but it will take a LOT of money to get her pretty again.

73 Kawasaki Z1
07 HD CVO Ultra Classic
82 Suzuki GS 1100
74 Yamaha RD 350 (My two stroke toy)
77 Kawasaki KZ 650B-1 (My putt around bike)
80 Indian Moped (My American Iron)
Long Gone
75 Suzuki GT550
74 GT 380
79 RD 400 Daytona Special
72 Honda CL 175
74 Honda QA 50
Tampa FL
The following user(s) said Thank You: wireman

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
30 Dec 2011 20:13 #495355 by iheardthat
Replied by iheardthat on topic New and need a kz900 id
Thanks

Kawickrice wrote: I would not pay $400 for it much less $900 for it (USD). If it were all original it would be worth some coin but this bike has been cobbled together with an assortment of parts like Frankenstein. Just my opinion but it will take a LOT of money to get her pretty again.

• Kawickrice
  • User
  • After Monday & Tuesday, even the calendar says WTF
More
30 Dec 2011 21:11 #495361 by Kawickrice
Replied by Kawickrice on topic New and need a kz900 id
Not trying to hurt your feelings on the bike. I just think he is asking to much for what he has. With that being said I wanted you to know before going in blind. On the other hand if you have a lot of money and time then you would have a nice scooter when finished. These bikes are very reliable and if the motor does in fact run without needing a rebuild then maybe you could justify the price. See if he will take less and use some of the input from the members as a bargaining tool. My 2 cents. Hope it works out for you and let us know the outcome.

You could also let him know it is nowhere near original so the price should reflect that. The 900LTD is a very sought after bike if original just so you know.

73 Kawasaki Z1
07 HD CVO Ultra Classic
82 Suzuki GS 1100
74 Yamaha RD 350 (My two stroke toy)
77 Kawasaki KZ 650B-1 (My putt around bike)
80 Indian Moped (My American Iron)
Long Gone
75 Suzuki GT550
74 GT 380
79 RD 400 Daytona Special
72 Honda CL 175
74 Honda QA 50
Tampa FL

More
30 Dec 2011 21:20 - 30 Dec 2011 21:25 #495363 by iheardthat
Replied by iheardthat on topic New and need a kz900 id
Hey you didn't hurt my feelings. I'm here for honest opinions and thats what I got. I'm happy. :) Thanks very much!! I asked because I don't have a lot of money, and you guys have possibly saved me a lot of money and headache. I learned a long time ago to ask if I don't know something. I appreciate the help.
Cheers

Kawickrice wrote: Not trying to hurt your feelings on the bike. I just think he is asking to much for what he has. With that being said I wanted you to know before going in blind. On the other hand if you have a lot of money and time then you would have a nice scooter when finished. These bikes are very reliable and if the motor does in fact run without needing a rebuild then maybe you could justify the price. See if he will take less and use some of the input from the members as a bargaining tool. My 2 cents. Hope it works out for you and let us know the outcome.

You could also let him know it is nowhere near original so the price should reflect that. The 900LTD is a very sought after bike if original just so you know.

Last edit: 30 Dec 2011 21:25 by iheardthat.

More
30 Dec 2011 22:04 #495374 by ramtough_63
Replied by ramtough_63 on topic New and need a kz900 id
we used to have a saying in the car business "if you can afford to pay cash for it and its what you want it doesnt matter what the price is" But I believe with a little looking for 900 bucks you caould find one in a little better shape

unless you were wanting that fairing not sure you would ever find another one of those at any price, sorry I couldnt help myself. I have found several in the 4 to 600 range that apeared to be needing a lot less work.

not sure where you are from but if there is a drag strip within a hundred miles you can almost guarentee there are a handfull of guys with a few in there stable that they arent gonna use since the fast bike revolution has hit.

guy in town collected them when they were cheap for extra motors and what not has several he said he would let go for 400 each I been keeping that a secret til spring I am gonna try and buy him out. He has switched to the modern drag bike

1978 KZ1000 A2
Thrown Together To Ride Til Winter
Facebook Page
Free Range Custom Art

1982/83 750R/GPZ
1984 Goldwing 1200 Interstate
1982 Yamahopper QT50
Previous
2 79 HD sporty XLH
02 HD FLSTS Heritage
60's HD Hummer
70's Honda 550 Four
70 Yamaha 100
and various enduros dirtbikes minibikes...