Username: Password: Remember me
  • Page:

TOPIC:

and now...ME! 18 May 2006 20:17 #48350

• cussword
  • cussword's Avatar Topic Author
  • User
  • Thank you received: 0
So here goes my intro: My name is Mike, I live in Sioux Falls, SD. I bought a '82 KZ750 Spectre in January of last year, been doing misc. work to it since. I rode it out to the Sturgis rally last summer, planning on doing it again this year, plus how ever more weekend camping trips I can afford. I don't have any pics of my bike, I'll post some once I have 'em. Thats all for now, thanks for having me.

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

and now...ME! 18 May 2006 20:23 #48354

• ltdrider
  • User
  • Thank you received: 17
Welcome, cussword!
Hey, I always thought Sturgis was strictly a Harley event. Did you go with other KZs? Was the crowd friendly toward your rice rocket?
'76 KZ900 LTD (Blaze)
'96 Voyager XII (Dark Star)
'79 KZ650 Cafe Project (Dirty Kurt)
Greensboro, NC

and now...ME! 18 May 2006 20:23 #48355

• Sandy
  • User
  • Fly High,Tony
  • Thank you received: 13
Heyyyy Mike!
Welcome to KZR,Bud!B)
Ya...for sure post some pics when You get them...right on.
1977 KZ1000 A-1

and now...ME! 18 May 2006 20:48 #48361

• wireman
  • Visitor
welcome to z-jungle;)

and now...ME! 18 May 2006 20:53 #48362

• DanOz7Five0
  • User
ltdrider wrote:

Welcome, cussword!
Hey, I always thought Sturgis was strictly a Harley event. Did you go with other KZs? Was the crowd friendly toward your rice rocket?

Doesnt look like the kind of person Id cussword with whether riding an HD or a KZ

Welcome aboard.

and now...ME! 19 May 2006 00:40 #48379

• btchalice
  • User
  • Thank you received: 7
DanOz7Five0 wrote:

Doesnt look like the kind of person Id cussword with whether riding an HD or a KZ

Welcome aboard.

now that's funny but id cussword with almost anybody short of ambergrissmoon
Terry Meyer / Wichita KS
76 kz900 w/1000 motor TWZTD
I am not driving too fast, I'm flying too low.

and now...ME! 19 May 2006 03:58 #48387

• Nevco48
  • User
  • Thank you received: 3
btchalice wrote:

now that's funny but id cussword with almost anybody short of ambergrissmoon

:) Oh, Ambergris is just a big ol' teddybear- a nine foot tall teddybear...

Edit: And I have seen that he likes Monty Python. That's always a good sign. Can you picture him doing 'Silly Walks'? :laugh: :laugh:

Post edited by: Nevco48, at: 2006/05/19 07:00

and now...ME! 19 May 2006 05:08 #48404

• ambergrismooon
  • User is blocked
  • Thank you received: 2
Welcome Cussword I feel like I've known you my whole life! I did Sturgis twice It was a lot of fun, I think, tough to remember! Nevco is just being kind, I think Wookie, Yeti or (like that kid said the other day) Lurch would certainly be closer to the nail. BTW I'm not nine feet but I do have permanent scarring from ceiling fans. Anyway Cussword, as you can plainly see it's monkeys in a barrel around here and these guys like to play, but if you put all their brains together not only would you have this huge grey squishey thing, but an encyclopedia of KZ!They RULE!

PS: Anyone could be Mimister of Silly Walks after Cartilidge removal on one side and full replacement on the other side. :pinch:
Once again Welcome Cussword would you like to fries with that?
Another BTW: You are going to get harrased until you get pictures up......Got any pictures....see!

and now...ME! 19 May 2006 06:08 #48417

• Pterosaur
  • Visitor
cussword wrote:

So here goes my intro: My name is Mike, I live in Sioux Falls, SD. I bought a '82 KZ750 Spectre in January of last year, been doing misc. work to it since. I rode it out to the Sturgis rally last summer, planning on doing it again this year, plus how ever more weekend camping trips I can afford. I don't have any pics of my bike, I'll post some once I have 'em. Thats all for now, thanks for having me.

Here's a blast from the past, speaking of Sturgis and camping - my old KZ1000 packing just an extra pair of socks and a couple of tee-shirts at the Buffalo Chip just east of town...

Attachments:

and now...ME! 19 May 2006 06:36 #48425

• Pterosaur
  • Visitor
ltdrider wrote:

Welcome, cussword!

Not to swipe Cuss'es topic, but from '80 to '98 during my 4 trips out, the "Strictly Harley event" thing was always a bit over-rated.

A fair amount of good-natured ribbing was to be expected, but any real whining came from Newbie Peeps with a lot more mouth than miles on *anything*.

Just noticed a detail in the above photo - in front of the small black leather bag hung on the pack sits that trenching tool mentioned in the 'packin' heat' thread - right in easy reach - and that's where it stayed, except to scrape somebody's puke moon-pie away from a tent door...:sick:

Thanks for the loan of the soap box, Cuss...

...back to our regularly-scheduled welcome...

and now...ME! 19 May 2006 12:44 #48518

• Nevco48
  • User
  • Thank you received: 3
Pterosaur wrote:

Thanks for the loan of the soap box, Cuss...

...back to our regularly-scheduled welcome...

:laugh: Oh yeah! That's how this started!:laugh:

and now...ME! 19 May 2006 17:43 #48570

• cussword
  • cussword's Avatar Topic Author
  • User
wow, you guys seem like a tight-knit bunch. As far as sturgis being a harley-only event, that couldn't be further from the truth. You'll see EVERY make and model there, from BMW to kawai and even a few motoguzzis. All the major manufacterers are there, most have demo rides of their latest models. Most of my friends ride harleys, a couple beulls as well, I just bought what I could afford. I'd love to have a american v-twin someday, but for my broke ass the KZ is perfect. Planning on heading to the black hills for Memorial day weekend, its about a 400 mile ride from here, and hopefully their won't be near as many bikes out on the roads as there were during the rally. The roads out here are mainly pretty straight, but there are plenty of curvy roads in the hills, but they aren't nearly as fun when you got some RUB doing 5mph on his bike because he only rides it 3 times a year and he had it trailered to the rally. But now I'm rambling (I have a tendancy to do that sometimes) so I'm gonna sign off. Thanks for all your warm welcomes!
Mike

• Page: