New guy in South Alabama with a cafe project

More
11 Oct 2011 14:27 #482557 by Kwakasaki
Hey everyone I just wanted to introduce myself here. I've been creeping the sight for a few weeks now and just decided to join. I purchased a 79 KZ650 B3 a little over a month ago for $250. The bike wasnt running and was rough but it was all there. I'm trying to make this a quick and cheap cafe build because I am deploying in February and want to enjoy some riding before then. The bike is now running and only lacking a few parts to make it ridable so I've made some good progress. I have some extra original parts I'll post up in the proper section in a bit.

A little about me. I'm 26 and originally from Wester Pennsylvania. I moved to Mobile, AL almost 3 years ago after i graduated from college. I am in the Pennsylvania Army National Guard and will be deploying in February for most of the year. I grew up on dirt bikes and converted to sport bikes when I went to college. The sportbike crowd is different down here and I'm not interested in chroming and stretching everything so I decided to build a cafe racer to be different. I want to say thanks ahead of time for all the help I'm sure will be provided in the coming weeks and months.

Converted from sport bikes because I didn't want to put a mow hawk on my helmet to fit in...

1979 Kawasaki KZ650 Cafe Project

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
11 Oct 2011 15:08 #482564 by Boostable
Replied by Boostable on topic New guy in South Alabama with a cafe project
Welcome on the site, looking forward to seeing the project. Lots of good support here for sure..

~Jack

1982 KZ1000 J2 ~ Project (Street Fighter - Project Section)
1976 KZ900 - Daily Rider

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.