New Member from Central IL

More
12 Sep 2011 12:10 #476112 by Kindyr
New Member from Central IL was created by Kindyr
Greetings, New Member here from Central IL.

Joined because an 83 KZ750 just joined the family.
Good news is she runs, was able to take her for a test ride. handles well, runs solid.

bad news is the rear brake is jammed up. On the test ride wastold not to use it, because it doesn't unstick. It's hard to apply and hard to release, so I suspect the pivot is gummed up. Doesn't sound like a hard deal, just want to have as much information on it as possible for breaking out the wrenches. Found the KZ750shaft manual from Kawasaki on ebay, but it's out of Canada and would take a bit to get here. Anybody know of a source for the manual that can get it here quicker? I've been pulling copies of downloadable manuals for Kawasaki of similar vintage to try and get an idea of how Kaw did things, but would feel a lot more comfortable with the factory manual in my hands. Anybody done this job in a forum thread I haven't seen?

Also, are the Haynes or Clymer manuals any good for this bike?

"Stepfather"/Head Mechanic to an 83 KZ750 Spectre. Looking for manuals, helpful websites, and any other information on the model to make it a a safe daily rider for my wife.

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

• Rainman
  • Sustaining Member
  • and a little Kaw shall lead them
More
12 Sep 2011 14:26 #476134 by Rainman
Replied by Rainman on topic New Member from Central IL
Welcome Kindyr.
The Kawasaki manuals are superior to the Haynes or Clymers and pop up on Ebay fairly often in the 20-30 dollar range.

Good luck,
Jim

80 KZ750 H1 - the Kaw calf
79 KZ750 Twin - Miss Nov 2008 KZR calander
79 KZ750 Twin parts bike
78 KZ650 C2 Parts Bike
75 KZ400 Wife's old bike sold
81 KZ440 A2 LTD Wife's new bike
84 Honda 450 Rebel Wife's newest bike
Jim
Quincy,IL

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.