Hi folks

More
07 Sep 2011 18:45 #474925 by risky
Hi folks was created by risky
New to to the KZ scene from Merseyside, UK. Recently sold my beloved custom HD for financial reasons and began looking for something that would keep me amused without breaking the bank. Came across this US import 81 KZ750 on Ebay and just had to buy it. The guy I bought it off has invested hundreds of hours in a really good full rebuild but it still needs a few bits and bobs to finish off and make it mine. Got it for a very fair price and it has taken some of the pain away from selling my baby.

Current scheduled jobs include;
Clip on bars / source new top yoke
need to sort a bung for tacho hole
booked in for stage 1 dyno tune (running like crap needs intensive carb therapy)
increase gearing with new sprockets
replace switch gear and source suitable adjustable levers

This seems to be THE place for this model so I looking forward to your advice

Cheers, Risky

Attachment DSC_8673-2.jpg not found

Attachment DSC_8672-3.jpg not found

Attachment DSC_8676-2.jpg not found

Attachment DSC_8677-2.jpg not found

Attachment DSC_8686-2.jpg not found

Attachments:

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
07 Sep 2011 18:53 #474926 by gengomerpyle
Replied by gengomerpyle on topic Hi folks
welcome, nice bike

1982 GPZ750R1 ELR
1978 Honda CB750F SuperSport
1971 Honda CB750K
1970 Honda CL100 Scrambler

More
07 Sep 2011 19:52 #474944 by 650ed
Replied by 650ed on topic Hi folks
Welcome aboard. Nice clean engine! If you haven't bought one yet, you should get a Kawasaki service maunal for your year/model (eBay usually has them). You might want to take a look at that front axle. It may be just my old eyes, but it appears that the axle holders are mounted with a gap in the front - bad karma. You may want to double check other safety stuff since the previous owner may not have followed good practice on other stuff. Ed

1977 KZ650-C1 Original Owner - Stock (with additional invisible FIAMM horn)

More
13 Sep 2011 19:55 #476451 by risky
Replied by risky on topic Hi folks
thanks guys, pictures are taken by previous owner, they are from the ad. I have torqued and checked all critical areas, all fine now, to be fair he had done a good job.

I have a pdf of service manual, little tricky to read in places but fine for the basics.

Carb probs at the moment, thinking of of switching them out to something else rather than spend ages setting these up properly, you can't polish a turd. Looking at Mikuni RS34's anyone out there with any experience of this swap?

• trianglelaguna
  • User
  • New and improved - extra strength
More
13 Sep 2011 21:56 #476497 by trianglelaguna
Replied by trianglelaguna on topic Hi folks
well now...i see you've built a keeper...welcome...cool ,clean,and complete gig there Bro

1976 KZ900
2003 ZX12R
2007 FZ1000
2004 ninja 250R for wife