new guy in Missouri......

More
29 Aug 2011 13:17 #472529 by Tslave
new guy in Missouri...... was created by Tslave
what's up guys. New guy in Missouri here. Just bought my second bike that I've wanted for a long while now. Been looking and looking and finally found one that wasn't all beat up and abused. As I suppose you can tell it's a 76 900 LTD. It's in really good shape by my standards. 19000 miles on it when I picked it up. I've almost put 2000 on it since I've had it. I actually flew to Atlanta, looked at it, paid the guy, and then jumped on it and rode it back to Kansas City. Figured it was a good way to get to know the bike. One thing I'm going to try to find is an original seat for it. Its a saddleman on it and it doesn't quite fit right and I'm a little big for the fixed seat positions. If anyone has any leads that would be great.

Tslave

76 900 LTD
Attachments:

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
29 Aug 2011 13:58 #472536 by roy-b-boy-b
Replied by roy-b-boy-b on topic new guy in Missouri......
That is really nice bike.

I'm thinking any year LTD seatthrough "80" would work. I ran LTD seats on my A4's.

Welcome. Roy

1979 LTD Street Fighter.1977 KZ1000

More
29 Aug 2011 16:03 #472583 by Tslave
Replied by Tslave on topic new guy in Missouri......
I'll have to see if I can find one of those then. I have one lead for a guy in town. Im going to see if I can track him down.

I'm sure before its all said and done I will be asking you guys a bunch of questions. Most of them stupid I'm sure. I've been riding it for about the last 2 weeks and I love it. Amazing how in 76 they could make a bike this quick and run good enough for me to ride it halfway across the country first time seeing it.

Tslave

76 900 LTD

• trianglelaguna
  • User
  • New and improved - extra strength
More
29 Aug 2011 19:21 #472639 by trianglelaguna
Replied by trianglelaguna on topic new guy in Missouri......
boy that is one pretty ltd....just like it would have been back in the day...not too many like that left getting used and rode...nice

1976 KZ900
2003 ZX12R
2007 FZ1000
2004 ninja 250R for wife

• wireman
  • User
  • The most interesting prick in the world
More
29 Aug 2011 19:50 #472648 by wireman
Replied by wireman on topic new guy in Missouri......
welcome to z-jungle! nice bike

Attachment homer_2011-08-29.jpg not found

the seat pans are the same on the kzs and ltds,so if all else fails you can always change the foam and cover on a flat kz seat to make an ltd out of it.
for that matter your current aftermarket seat pan is probably based off a stock kz,so you could probably have it redone also B)

posting from deep under a non-descript barn in an undisclosed location southwest of Omaha.
Attachments:

• wireman
  • User
More
29 Aug 2011 19:51 #472649 by wireman
that reminds me,what ever happened to skipper76 and his 900ltd down there in crane missouri? :blink:

posting from deep under a non-descript barn in an undisclosed location southwest of Omaha.

More
30 Aug 2011 00:42 #472731 by Tslave
I only know of one other person with a 900 LTD in Missouri. That's my dad. I know there is probably others, I'm just not aware of them. We have 2 of them now. This one is mine. I'll see if I can get some pictures of my dads. His isn't in near as good shape, but still runs and rides good. I've got a buddy who is going to do all the carb work on my dads. Luckily mine's in good shape still. I changed the plugs and it looks like they are running a little rich, but not to bad at all. Glad all you guys like the bike. I was really pleased with it. When I showed up I had an expectation of what it would look like. The guy I bought it from was a real stand up guy and went out of his way to help me out with every aspect of it. When I finally got to see it in person I had no doubt in my mind it was taking me home. I don't think those 2 pictures really do it justice. It does look really nice and rides just as good. I almost feel bad about riding it much, but I'm not a collector. I buy my vehicles to use them. Not a fan of trailer queens. Not trying to step on anyone's toes, just not my thing.

Actually I just found a picture that happens to have dads bike in it. Not the focal point of the picture, but it's there.

Tslave

76 900 LTD
Attachments:

More
30 Aug 2011 00:44 #472732 by Tslave
Here is one of the bike. Not the best, but there it is.

Tslave

76 900 LTD
Attachments:

• wireman
  • User
More
30 Aug 2011 04:19 #472749 by wireman
heres a picture of skipper76s bike from page 10 in kz900 gallery,crane missouri was the town he lived in.
stayed there a few times coming/going to arkansas

Attachment ruby5.jpg not found

Attachments:

More
30 Aug 2011 12:08 #472829 by Tslave
wow. That's a good looking bike too. I'll have to try to get a hold of him. I'm actually from a small town down in southwest Missouri and my parents still live that way. I'm down there every so often. would be nice to see it in person.

Tslave

76 900 LTD

More
30 Aug 2011 13:37 #472853 by 531blackbanshee
Replied by 531blackbanshee on topic new guy in Missouri......
this might be an option
it is not the stepped ltd seat but this may afford you more room to move around.

z1parts.net/product/kawasaki-kz900kz1000...omplete-seat-1976-80

they also sell just the foam and cover if you wanted to redo the pan that you have.

z1parts.net/product/1976-1980-kawasaki-k...z1000-ltd-seat-cover

i have bought from these folks and will again.

leon

skiatook,oklahoma 1980 z1r,1978 kz 1000 z1r x 3,
1976 kz 900 x 3
i make what i can,and save the rest!

billybiltit.blogspot.com/

www.kzrider.com/forum/5-chassis/325862-triple-tree-custom-work

kzrider.com/forum/5-chassis/294594-frame-bracing?limitstart=0

More
12 Sep 2011 21:34 #476216 by 2wheeltom77
Replied by 2wheeltom77 on topic new guy in Missouri......
Hey from the KS side. Nice bike man.

1979 KZ1000 one off
1982 Honda CX500 (sold)
2008 FXSTC