New trying to get started

• 1995greenmachine
  • Topic Author
  • User
More
24 Jul 2011 23:15 #464693 by 1995greenmachine
New trying to get started was created by 1995greenmachine
Hey all! Two weeks ago, I purchased a 1980 KZ440A LTD. It wasn't running, but a little carb cleaning, and off she went.

So I can't leave it alone and want to do a little customizing. It came with a sissy bar and luggage rack, which I've already removed. Other than that, I'm not sure where to start.

What I'd like to change first:
- seat
- handlebars
- paint (I've got this one covered)

So the seat... I hate the high second seat, it looks like something straight out of the 80's (go figure). Plus, I have no intentions of carrying a passenger. Suggestions?

The handlebars... I like the looks of something like the KZ440 B/C or a KZ650 had stock. How do I go about purchasing new ones? I see a lot of them on ebay but don't want to accidentally get something that would belong on a cafe racer.

I'll try to get some pictures snapped of it sometime.

Thanks!

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
25 Jul 2011 15:43 #464808 by bekz
Replied by bekz on topic New trying to get started
Hey welcome! I have no knowledgeable suggestions for ya. Wait for the know-hows to pipe up. :)

'81 440 LTD.
'80 440 LTD. Parts bike
bekz

• 1995greenmachine
  • Topic Author
  • User
More
26 Jul 2011 19:45 #465133 by 1995greenmachine
Replied by 1995greenmachine on topic New trying to get started
Thanks! Countless hours of looking at pictures later, I think I found the handle bars I wanted and ordered them. Grips, too.

Of course, while going through the carbs, I broke on of those plastic jet caps (11012-1128, I've seen a bunch of postings on this) and I have to wait for it to come in :(

Got some spray primer and paint today, and I'm on vacation the next five days, I hope to get some pictures up and a little painting done.