Hey all... New member. 81 kz750-E need some love.

More
20 Jun 2011 17:28 #458375 by trapperworm
Hey all, the name's Trapper,
Stumbled across this forum a few times in my search for info on my new toy. Figured I may as well join. You guys seem to have a bit more of a clue then I do when it comes to working on these bikes and I'll take all the knowledge I can get.
Just picked up a 81 kz750-E that someone planned on making into a bobber project. Gotta say they didn't do the best of jobs but it's a start.
Got some good to continue the bobber project once I fix all the little issues it has (like the fact that a week after I bought it and test drove it it suddenly has no spark) and I hope to share 'em with ya.

The pic attached is the bike as it came to me.
The kid had put on a set of 1" inch drag bars (of course the bike is 7/8ths) So I have the stock bars back on for now .

He cut the old seat pan to try for a solo... Not to bad but that'll get fixed with a real one.

All in all the bike just needs a little TLC and it'll be something I'll ride with pride.
Like I said... Got some killer plans and I can't wait to show 'em to those who are gonna appreciate them. :)
Attachments:

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
20 Jun 2011 22:48 #458436 by elfmagic17
Replied by elfmagic17 on topic Hey all... New member. 81 kz750-E need some love.
I see your Dodge is a little jellous and marked its territory! :woohoo:

Kenny Hicks
74 Honda CB550
75 Honda CB360 (runs and rides good but not a show bike)
77 KZ650B1 (Runs Great, but needs painted and a little work.)

More
21 Jun 2011 12:06 #458533 by trapperworm
Replied by trapperworm on topic Hey all... New member. 81 kz750-E need some love.
Ha ha... Actually that was the bike... The left (number 1?) carb was leaking... The float was all gummed up and not stopping the fuel flow... That's fixed now though.
The ol' Dodge likes the bike... It he gave the 2 wheeler a ride home from NH.

More
21 Jun 2011 12:08 #458534 by trapperworm
Replied by trapperworm on topic Hey all... New member. 81 kz750-E need some love.
Good eye on pickin' out the ol' Dodge though :)