Back in it after 15+ years

• stablechaser35
  • Topic Author
  • User
More
08 Jun 2011 00:54 #456054 by stablechaser35
Back in it after 15+ years was created by stablechaser35
Straight from Virginia Beach area... Took me 14 years to bug the wife into getting bikes so here we are back in the shtuff again... and it feels good to have to work on a bike again to get it right... we thought about just getting new bikes but decided that older bikes with character would be more fun...

She has a 1972 Honda CB350 that has a custom frame stretch 8 inches in the rear and made into a bobber... nice bike actually...

Attachment mymotorcycle002.JPG not found

Attachment mymotorcycle004.JPG not found

I originally bought a 1987 Yamaha Virago that had been built into a full rigid bobber, but my back just couldn't take the pounding, so when I came across the 78 KZ1000 for trade on craigslist, I made the swap that night... It has many issues that I need to address:

Front Brake Master Cylinder Assembly
OneWay Clutch?? -I know that it being broke keeps the electric start from working but that's the extent of my knowledge on it... lol
Wiring- I will eventually just replace the entire harness I'm sure, but it is holding for now
Turn Signals- awaiting delivery
Carb filters- Awaiting delivery
I know the carbs are from a newer model bike, no clue which one though

There is more that I want to do but getting the mechanical stuff out of the way first is priority. New paint, new seat, new rims and tires, brake upgrade... many ideas for the future but here it is as is now... haven't fixed the date stamp on the camera, but these shots are from earlier tonight...

Attachment kz1000018.JPG not found

Attachment kz1000011.JPG not found

Attachment kz1000005.JPG not found

"Not as good as I once was, but as good once as I ever was"... yeah right... don't have the back for that, I was AMAZING when I was younger, now I'm just here...
Attachments:

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.