New guy 81 kz750 h2 ltd

More
07 Jun 2011 00:35 - 07 Jun 2011 00:42 #455868 by tpis15
New guy 81 kz750 h2 ltd was created by tpis15
New guy here from PA. I was recently given a 1981 kz750 ltd from my uncle. The bike has been sitting for a while but its complete, original and in decent shape. I'm looking forward to fixing the bike up and getting her running. The only problem is I have no way of getting the bike home. I dont have a truck and I've tried renting a trailer, but everything available was too large and heavy for my car. I had some free time today and some scrap steel laying around so I built what I would call a tow dolly or tow bar. Basically I will remove the front wheel, and attach the bike to the dolly with the front axle and ratchet staps. The dolly will pivot, so I will run straps from the handle bars to a fixed point on the bike. This will keep the bars from turning and make the bike tow like a trailer and not lean while turning. I will remove the chain to prevent any damage to the trans. I'm just not sure if this will put to much stress on the axle/ frontend of the bike? Heres a pic of what I came up with. So what do you guys think? Will it work or am I crazy?

Attachment ecm062.jpg not found

Attachment ecm064.jpg not found

Attachments:
Last edit: 07 Jun 2011 00:42 by tpis15.

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.