Hello !

More
04 Apr 2011 14:15 #442575 by alwaysbroke
Hello ! was created by alwaysbroke
I’m a retired Infantry NCO. When I joined the Army I had to sacrifice (amongst a few other things) my Jeep Comanche truck as I was only authorized to move one vehicle to my new duty station. My wife’s car was brand new so the truck had to go. For years during high school I had driven by this used car lot that had a dirty old motorcycle parked back in a corner that was being eaten by those west Texas tumble weeds. I had use of my fathers 76' CB750 which was a blast to ride and could tell that it was similar. When I found out that I could ship a motorcycle as well as the wife’s car I traded pink slips for that old bike that I had been lusting after. So my 1975 900Z1B was cleaned up and shipped to Hawaii. In between deployments I ran the devil out of it all over Oahu (Schofield Barracks) then I brought it with me to Ft. Hood where it was stored for 4 years. Deployments and injuries have kept me from riding but now that I have some time on my hands...... Its being worked over by my military given anal retentiveness. In the quest for knowledge and parts I landed on this forum and I’ve been lurking for the past week. A glimpse of the new Street Fighter style Z1's has lit a fire under my ass. A modern-ish front and rear end with the heart of an old warrior! So now I’m elbow-deep in disassembled Z1 parts cleaning...painting...plotting for a street fighter. The first pic is my palate; the second is a representation of my goal.

C:\fakepath\Tore down Z1.jpg

[attachment:2]C:\fakepath\01.jpg[/attachment]

'75 Z1900
'74 CB750

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.