No Bee Stings Like A Newbie

• crusty shaftie
  • Topic Author
  • User
More
18 Dec 2010 14:31 #417626 by crusty shaftie
No Bee Stings Like A Newbie was created by crusty shaftie
Hello all. So glad to find you. Just picked up a "79 KZ 1000E ST that's kinda rough, but running. For $400 still a steal in my book!!!:woohoo: 25K on the odom Factory chrome pipes with date stamps (no dents or rust discovered on 'em yet). Only 2 dents in the tank both on the right (a handle bar crease and a shallow crease up the cut out) Paint is horrible re-do with peeling clear. Missing a hard bag lid, pretty scratched and cracked 'vetter' screen. I will be eliminating all the bagger parts as soon as i find/buy some rear signals. Just want a quick reliable cool old standard to ride the wheels off of (shaft drive or not)!
I am mechanically inclined enough to make some speciality tools with guidance regarding specs and such. Psuedo detail oriented (I care more about how well something is put together than how it looks} looking forward to reading what y'all have been up to with these awesome machines. And getting advice on upgrades, parts etc. I will be posting pics as soon as I get my mommie to show me how :blink: go figure she's the techie and I'm the ol skooler!B)

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

• kz1k
  • User
  • You Cant Fix Stupid!
More
18 Dec 2010 14:56 #417628 by kz1k
Replied by kz1k on topic No Bee Stings Like A Newbie
welcome!

1978 KZ1000A2

"JUST IN! A MAN WHO HOLDS THE WORLD RECORD FOR USING THE MOST DRUGS DIES TODAY. HE WAS WAS ATTACKED BY A PACK OF WILD DOGS HE THOUGHT HE SAW"

WHY FART AND WASTE IT, WHEN YOU CAN BURP AND TASTE IT?

More
18 Dec 2010 15:11 #417629 by Mcdroid
Replied by Mcdroid on topic No Bee Stings Like A Newbie
Yep...we are all here to help. Welcome. Pictures are always appreciated :)

Michael
Victoria, Texas

1982 GPz750
1977 KZ1000A
1978 KZ1000A
1982 GPz1100
1975 Z2A