A new (k)Z1000J owner from Sweden

More
04 Nov 2010 10:43 #410748 by Mookachacka
A new (k)Z1000J owner from Sweden was created by Mookachacka
Hello everyone!

My name is Otto and I hail from the southern part of Sweden, more precise Skåne.

I bought my first motorcycle this fall, a (k)Z1000 J3, and have been going through some parts of it, mostly cosmeticly, like dashing on some new paint and removing rust, checking the brake calippers and so on.

The engine and carbs seemed fine when I bought it so havn't had it apart in that are, except lifting the cylinder head cover and replacing the gasket and thus fixing an oil leak.

The front end is nearlydone, and I've just put some paint on the rear rim, calipper, and shocks, and I'll be puting the whole bike togehter again hopefully this weekend, and after that starting it up again!

Only thing to solve after that is to figure out why my indicators/flashers sin't working, at all. And no it isn't the flasher relay, already checked that...so hopefully that will be solved without to much trouble.

Got some pictures just uploaded to Flickr: www.flickr.com/photos/ottosandstrom/sets/72157625312118662/

I got a little more comprehensive collection of pictures on my facebook page (some picks of my familys bikes as well):
www.facebook.com/album.php?aid=262388&id=597963746

I'll post a picture or link to a video when I've put it together!

Best regards,
Otto from Sweden

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
04 Nov 2010 11:06 #410757 by Mcdroid
Replied by Mcdroid on topic A new (k)Z1000J owner from Sweden
Welcome Otto! Nice J3...very rare in North America as it was only sold in Canada...not many left up there. I have never seen one in person.

Michael
Victoria, Texas

1982 GPz750
1977 KZ1000A
1978 KZ1000A
1982 GPz1100
1975 Z2A

• trianglelaguna
  • User
  • New and improved - extra strength
More
04 Nov 2010 14:12 #410776 by trianglelaguna
Replied by trianglelaguna on topic A new (k)Z1000J owner from Sweden
Welcome...

we sent you a link through Amy's facebook....

awesome pictures super cool......

love the outdoor shots,sunset and the ones of you and your family working on the bikes...all great shots.....

i had the yamaha 650 twin for a first bike....i have a kz1000 j- and a yamaha thumper enduro-which i saw in your pics...both my j1000 and xt550 yam are projects........was fun seeing your guys rides and work with with your bikes.....

killer exhaust system.....thanks for the pics and welcome

Craig and Amy

1976 KZ900
2003 ZX12R
2007 FZ1000
2004 ninja 250R for wife

• 9am53
  • User
  • homebrew, and some bbq
More
04 Nov 2010 14:40 #410782 by 9am53
Replied by 9am53 on topic A new (k)Z1000J owner from Sweden
very nice, I am so jealous, I can't seem to find a tank like you have there anywhere!

• larrycavan
  • Visitor
04 Nov 2010 14:41 #410783 by larrycavan
Replied by larrycavan on topic A new (k)Z1000J owner from Sweden
Nice bike with potential :)

No snow there yet?

More
04 Nov 2010 15:08 #410790 by Mookachacka
Replied by Mookachacka on topic A new (k)Z1000J owner from Sweden
Thanks for the warm welcomes so far!

Mcdroid: Yeah when I've been googling on wiring diagrams and such I've noticed that there wasn't a KZ1000 J3 in the U.S., which have made for some confusion when trying to find certain information.

trianglelaguna: I've replyed on facebook, and I sent an e-mail to my dad saying you liked his house and such!

The thumpher in some of the pictures is a Yamaha 1987 TT600, great fun on the gravel roads up in the woods...the same woods I ran into a moose the other day when jogging!

9am53: The (k)Z1000 j:s in Europe seemed to have had the GPz1100 gas tank all through the model J1-J3, I know that the KZ-J in the US have had another type of styling on the tank and maybe some more parts?

larrycavan: No snow here yet, had some nights below 32 farenheit, but the there was some warm air blowing up over the country and we've had over a week with around 50 degrees farenheit again...but I guess in the northernpart of Sweden the snow lies inch deep already :O

Yeah I'm hoping to get it running in a week or so, just to insure that I've put it together properly again. Check out my facebook album for pictures if anyone is intrested!

Best regards,
Otto Sandström from Sweden