new to web site

More
13 Oct 2010 15:14 #406409 by captchas
new to web site was created by captchas
ok i'm a old timer and new to this site. live in new jersey usa. age 63, retired vw auto mechanic. and riding since 1964,learned to ride on a tank shift foot clutch 45 inch harley, which later became my still owned 1961 fl police special,panhead in 1969. yes it's chopped but i have 2 complete frames and running gear, the stock police trim and custom modded soft tail wide glide.

along with my pride and joy i have 3 kawasaki's. my new to me. sisters 1974 kz400 that was only riden 3.100 miles before getting parked in 1978. left in her garage to waste.and which i'm trying to bring back fully to life. a pair of triples which are a h1 500 and h2 750. both of these i have had since new and both are powered by the old well known in the 1970's DENCO perforance motors. both where built to the top specs and only riden to drag race, which they still to this day get a few times a year.

yes i'm looking for some help with the 400 as it's a strange beast to me, looses spark to the left plug after running for about a 1/2 hour.

thanks to all for the time and effort to put such a great site together.

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
13 Oct 2010 15:36 #406412 by MFolks
Replied by MFolks on topic new to web site
If it were me, I'd replace the coil,sparkplug caps and sparkplug wires. The ignition coils that came from the factory were marginal, heat and age will affect them a lot.

More Kawasaki websites are:
1. www.armbell.com/forum/index.php?c=6&sid=...cc58f11&mforum=kz400

2. www.kawasakimotorcycle.org

1982 GPZ1100 B2
General Dynamics/Convair 1983-1993
GLCM BGM-109 Tomahawk, AGM-129A Advanced Cruise Missile (ACM)

• z1kzonly
  • User
  • Sustaining Member
More
13 Oct 2010 16:49 #406432 by z1kzonly
Replied by z1kzonly on topic new to web site
Welcome, let's see some pictures of the Drag Bike 2 strokes!
I,m 52 and love old motorcycles, Any kind!

Marty in Buffalo

Livin in "CheektaVegas, NY
Went thru 25 of these in 40 yrs.
I SOLD OUT! THE KAW BARN IS EMPTY.
More room for The Old Girl, Harley 75 FLH Electra Glide,
Old faithful! Points ign. Bendix Orig. carb.
Starts everytime!

Attachments:

• trianglelaguna
  • User
  • New and improved - extra strength
More
13 Oct 2010 17:05 #406444 by trianglelaguna
Replied by trianglelaguna on topic new to web site
welcome...how about some pictures

1976 KZ900
2003 ZX12R
2007 FZ1000
2004 ninja 250R for wife

More
13 Oct 2010 17:29 #406458 by Capt America
Replied by Capt America on topic new to web site
VW mechanic awesome, we can always use a well versed, nicely aged mechanical brain. Welcome to the site, it's a great place, lots of old Kawasaki know-how around here.

So with all those toys lurking in your garage you haven't built a VW trike in all these years?? Man "The Brothers of the Third Turd", errr I mean "Wheel" are gonna be depressed by this news. :lol:

Oh yeah, pics, purty please.

Capt A merica
1983 K1 750 twin
Ontario, Canada.

More
14 Oct 2010 14:20 - 14 Oct 2010 14:24 #406631 by captchas
Replied by captchas on topic new to web site
Capt America wrote:

VW mechanic awesome, we can always use a well versed, nicely aged mechanical brain. Welcome to the site, it's a great place, lots of old Kawasaki know-how around here.

So with all those toys lurking in your garage you haven't built a VW trike in all these years?? Man "The Brothers of the Third Turd", errr I mean "Wheel" are gonna be depressed by this news. :lol:

Oh yeah, pics, purty please.

yes i did build a vw trike back in about 1973, problem was getting a title and it reged as a hand built. wound up taking it apart and makeing a dune buggy out of the drive train,
toys in the garage need 3.500 sq feet to store, include the bikes, 2 1932 fords a vickie and a b800 sedan convert, both flat head powered 2 1933's a rumble seat high boy roadster and 3 window minus 6 inches of roof both powered by nail head buicks. and 1928 model pickup chopped and lowered as far as one can go with a chevy 3.0 l, 4 banger marine motor for power.

site won't allow mr to submit photos. states to large i'll have to get a photo bucket account to do so i think
Last edit: 14 Oct 2010 14:24 by captchas.

More
14 Oct 2010 14:26 #406633 by captchas
Replied by captchas on topic new to web site
MFolks wrote:

If it were me, I'd replace the coil,sparkplug caps and sparkplug wires. The ignition coils that came from the factory were marginal, heat and age will affect them a lot.

More Kawasaki websites are:
1. www.armbell.com/forum/index.php?c=6&sid=...cc58f11&mforum=kz400

2. www.kawasakimotorcycle.org

that was my thoughts, going to get new ends in the am then if it still runs bad a new coil pack and thanks for the links