Newbie checking in!

More
11 Oct 2010 12:25 #405991 by 1bigkzfan
Newbie checking in! was created by 1bigkzfan
Hello to all!
After 23 years without a bike I've decided that I'm getting back in the saddle. My last ride, and by far my favorite, was a 73 z1 900 that now belongs to a member here. I had the bright idea that boats were a good place to sink money and have fun so after I bought my first boat in 1987 I sold my beloved bike to a close friend that I used to race BMX with. (John Ramos) I really miss that old bike and after looking around at newer bikes I now know that I want another kz. I've heard lots of good stuff about this forum and look forward to hanging out here and getting to know the group. I'm still looking for that next ride and can't wait to get started on a new project. I used to hang out and race at Moroso Motorsports Park in W.Palm Beach Fla. on Sat. nights in the 80's. I rebuilt the top end of my old bike with a 1040 kit from C&W Cycle Works out of Ft. Myers Fla. Most of the other parts came from a local guy in Clewiston named Ted that used to race a GS 1100 Suzuki at Moroso and had all kinds of KZ stuff. He has since died and I'll be needing a new connection when the time comes. I'm sure I'll be able to find what I need here. Looking for John Ramos here if anyone knows his screen name.

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
13 Oct 2010 07:41 #406319 by Tony
Replied by Tony on topic Newbie checking in!
Welcome to KZR. :)

• trianglelaguna
  • User
  • New and improved - extra strength
More
13 Oct 2010 09:03 #406334 by trianglelaguna
Replied by trianglelaguna on topic Newbie checking in!
welcome...i took almost 20 yrs off after owning a bunch of Z's and other stuff and am back at it worse than ever....have you got a bike yet?
funny...all the time i was without a bike i missed very few cycle magazines and was always looking to see if that bike coming by was a kz...you will feel right at home on Z again

welcome....

1976 KZ900
2003 ZX12R
2007 FZ1000
2004 ninja 250R for wife

• trianglelaguna
  • User
  • New and improved - extra strength
More
13 Oct 2010 09:06 #406335 by trianglelaguna
Replied by trianglelaguna on topic Newbie checking in!
i am 4 yrs now with no wrecks and no tickets...that was one of my biggest fears of getting a bike again...age mellowed me a tiny bit......

1976 KZ900
2003 ZX12R
2007 FZ1000
2004 ninja 250R for wife

• hocbj23
  • Visitor
13 Oct 2010 14:38 #406404 by hocbj23
Replied by hocbj23 on topic Newbie checking in!
Welcome.Been ridin a long time,always had a bike,but raised a big family and didnt ride much for a few years.Almost missed the boat.72 years old now and back in the saddle of a KZ1000 that I rebuilt from a basket case.It will seem like only yesterday when u swing ur leg over,trust me.Lol.bj