new to the site, wanted to say hi.

More
24 Aug 2010 18:49 #393594 by bushman8377
new to the site, wanted to say hi. was created by bushman8377
hello all, my name is Jamie im 27,and from the big and beautiful front range of Colorado. Heres a little history on me , started riding in the dirt when i was 9 on an 80's kd 80, first time out flipped it over a minure pile doing bout 15mph in 2nd, lol, didnt do much ridding after i out grew the 80, also got my first car. I love to four wheel whether its a jeep or a wheeler, but dont have either one of my own. The street bike bug bit me a while back, and then i rode my friends v star 1100 in june and i couldnt hold back any longer. started looking arround for a fixer uper, found a few couldnt make up my mind which one, but have always been a fan of the big green, then found this site yesterday and saw all the pics of everyones projects and quickly made up my mind, last night i went and looked at an 83 kz750 ltd shaft drive, shes a little worn but i pick her up fri or sat, she was running a few months ago but still cranks over tries to hit but doesnt catch. I took my dad with me and he ,the guy im buying if from and i all think its in the fuel dilivery, dirt, rust, varnish or so. shouldnt be a problem as my dad was a factory service tech back when the z1 came out, grew up hearing the stories of his dark blue h1 500 tripple, the h2 750 drag bike he built the motor on. ;-) as this bike is my first streeter im going to leave her stock right now, execpt paint n such, but as my skill improves i will be making improvements to the bike as well, i love all the pics of the cafe racers and im thinking i might go that rout maybe with a twist or two here n there to keep her different, but thats later on. Id love to hear everyones input on the bike, what u think on mods for a shaft drive n such. cant wait to hear back from u all.:) ill try to get pics up as soon as possible depending if i can or not. ttyl Bushman8377

kz 750 ltd
kz1000p
cb 360 making a "desert rat"

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

• Motor Head
  • User
  • FIX UP YOUR BIKE RIGHT AND CHEAP
More
24 Aug 2010 20:55 #393635 by Motor Head
Replied by Motor Head on topic new to the site, wanted to say hi.
Me I'm in the Springs, sounds like you and your Dad have some great project to start on.
Welcome to KZR, there is a bunch of good guy's and info here. It also sounds like your Dad's experience will come handy here as well, he can help answer some of the technical stuff.B)

1982 KZ1000LTD K2 Vance & Hines 4-1 ACCEL COILS Added Vetter fairing & Bags. FOX Racing rear Shocks, Braced Swing-arm, Fork Brace, Progressive Fork Springs RT Gold Emulators, APE Valve Springs, 1166 Big Bore kit, RS34's, GPZ cams.
1980 KZ550LTD C1 Stock SOLD Miss it
1979 MAZDA RX7 in the works, 13B...

More
24 Aug 2010 21:08 #393637 by bushman8377
Replied by bushman8377 on topic new to the site, wanted to say hi.
hello motor head, yeah its going to be a fun project, we havnt had a bike build in a while, the last was about 15 years ago, i helped him and my older brother take a cb 360 twin and turn it into a flat tracker, i have that one now and its gonna change in to a " desert rat" or so, some thing to bomb arround off road with. 10 4 on the tech help, when i told him what i was looking at , he said that he remembered putting together ,from the crate, one of the first 750 twins. Hes the reason i didnt get a ninja, just after i made the deal on this bike the talk of it getting a turbo started. lol ;)

kz 750 ltd
kz1000p
cb 360 making a "desert rat"