hi all new guy here

More
04 Aug 2010 18:23 - 04 Aug 2010 18:28 #388234 by danhalen
hi all new guy here was created by danhalen
Just wanted to stop in and say hi, what a nice site you guys have going on here! Picked up a 80 kz550 last week for a guy for a really good price because it wasn't running. Turns out he replaced the battery, and must have ripped the positive battery cable terminal off, then proceed to jam the wires in the bolt hole of the battery terminal! Also had a broken brown wire where the main harness goes around the head tube, someone had used a cruddy crimp connector. Its in fairly decent condition, not much rust on the chrome, and only one tear on the seat on the very edge. Came with a kerker pipe from the 80's with the cone and baffle in place, and also has some street stroker struts on the rear.

[IMG

Uploaded with ImageShack.us

1980 kz550 c1
Attachments:
Last edit: 04 Aug 2010 18:28 by danhalen.

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

• testarossa
  • User
  • Attack life, it's only trying to kill you.
More
04 Aug 2010 20:05 #388261 by testarossa
Replied by testarossa on topic hi all new guy here
That's a clean 550! Looks like a good score. Welcome to KZR. Keep those pictures coming.

1978 KZ1000 A2 Click--->Build Thread
2004 ZX-10R
2007 Harley Sportster 1200
2020 Harley Street Glide Special
Angola, IN

• Motor Head
  • User
  • FIX UP YOUR BIKE RIGHT AND CHEAP
More
04 Aug 2010 20:36 #388275 by Motor Head
Replied by Motor Head on topic hi all new guy here
I've got one too.
But haven't been on it much. 1300mi in a year.
Bought a 1000 then a 1100. So 550??
I like the bigger arm pulling power I guess.
But those are really good bikes. Tell us do you hear a rattle?? Sounding like a chain?? Primary drive chain, possible cam chain?? I changed my Cam chain but still get the primary chain rattle. I pulled the oil pan and checked the play, it is well within spec, max 25mm play. I wish these wear gear driven. I like the 6 speed box, wish my big bikes had that too.
Looks good, and you will be glad to be around this site as everyone shares info.

1982 KZ1000LTD K2 Vance & Hines 4-1 ACCEL COILS Added Vetter fairing & Bags. FOX Racing rear Shocks, Braced Swing-arm, Fork Brace, Progressive Fork Springs RT Gold Emulators, APE Valve Springs, 1166 Big Bore kit, RS34's, GPZ cams.
1980 KZ550LTD C1 Stock SOLD Miss it
1979 MAZDA RX7 in the works, 13B...

• trianglelaguna
  • User
  • New and improved - extra strength
More
04 Aug 2010 21:00 #388280 by trianglelaguna
Replied by trianglelaguna on topic hi all new guy here
welcome ...nice score...great motors imo...i loved mine yrs back...

1976 KZ900
2003 ZX12R
2007 FZ1000
2004 ninja 250R for wife

More
04 Aug 2010 21:43 #388288 by danhalen
Replied by danhalen on topic hi all new guy here
Motor Head wrote:

I've got one too.
But haven't been on it much. 1300mi in a year.
Bought a 1000 then a 1100. So 550??
I like the bigger arm pulling power I guess.
But those are really good bikes. Tell us do you hear a rattle?? Sounding like a chain?? Primary drive chain, possible cam chain?? I changed my Cam chain but still get the primary chain rattle. I pulled the oil pan and checked the play, it is well within spec, max 25mm play. I wish these wear gear driven. I like the 6 speed box, wish my big bikes had that too.
Looks good, and you will be glad to be around this site as everyone shares info.

yea just a little 550...this is actually my first street bike so to speak, been into dirt bikes and such for a while but never really got into road riding. Ridden a few old hondas that were in the family, but they were even lower power (69' cb350, 73? 100 dualsport with a transplanted 125) ridden some bigger sport bikes and my fathers bmw rt1100r but didnt really care for the weight and how they felt, the inner dirt bike rider in me i guess...but who knows, that could always change with whats on craigslist.
Just got done putting the carb bank back in place and what a pain in the butt, almost makes me wanna ditch the airbox and run air filter pods! I cant really say i heard a rattle, but i only ran it for a few minutes, decided something with the carbs was amiss and started to rip it apart.

1980 kz550 c1