Hello

More
11 Apr 2006 14:18 #38688 by Snafoo
Hello was created by Snafoo
I just wanted to stop by and introduce myself to the gang. A little history about myself and bikes I have owned.
My first motorcycle was a Honda XL100 enduro. After high school I joined the Navy and in my absence the motorcycle was sold. While in the Navy I bought a 1987 GSX-R 750 and it was a blast. Scared the be-jesus outta me on several occasions. After my stint in the service was done I sold the bike and again went back to four wheels. A couple weeks ago a co-worker told me about craigslist.org. A free service listing website where you can post stuff like in the want ads of the paper but it's free. Anyway I was looking for a starter bike for my son, he's 9. I thought about getting a project bike so we both can work on it and he would value it more. I saw a listing in Dallas, TX. for a motorcycle for $100. The picture wasn't very good but it looked small. I called the guy and he told me it was abandoned at a rent house he has and he just wanted to get rid of it. He also said it was in pretty bad shape and would need a lot of work to get back on the road. He might as well of said "I dare you!" because that made me want it more. Being the great negotiator that I am I offered him $75 and he jumped on it.

Attached is a picture I took after getting it home. The picture he posted was in bad light and was more flattering and made the bike look smaller, somehow.

I am posting some questions I have in the appropriate sections but excuse me if they are a little elementary. I'm new to the mechanical side but look forward to learning a lot and passing it on.

I also apologize for running off at the keyboard a bit. I'm real excited about this project though.

Post edited by: Snafoo, at: 2006/04/11 17:20
Attachments:

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
11 Apr 2006 14:50 #38696 by cudaosix
Replied by cudaosix on topic Hello
Welcome to the forum Snafoo. Looks like you have some work on your hands. The members here are helpful. Look through the archives often, theres tons of useful info in there.

More
11 Apr 2006 15:04 #38702 by Nevco48
Replied by Nevco48 on topic Hello
That fuel tank- WTF?:ohmy:

More
11 Apr 2006 15:18 #38708 by Snafoo
Replied by Snafoo on topic Hello
Nevco48 wrote:

That fuel tank- WTF?:ohmy:

Yeah, the only thing holding it on was the fuel line.
Look for it on e-bay soon.

Post edited by: snafoo, at: 2006/04/11 18:20

More
11 Apr 2006 16:55 #38737 by donthekawguy
Replied by donthekawguy on topic Hello
That poor kawi. Welcome and get that knobby tire off asap! Some people should be arrested for the kind of abuse!

Rathdrum Idaho
1971 Kawasaki g3ss
1972 Yamaha R5 350
1965 Suzuki Hillbilly
1964 Yamaha 125

More
11 Apr 2006 17:47 #38754 by Snafoo
Replied by Snafoo on topic Hello
:blush: The forks are off a Yamaha dirt bike too.:ohmy:

• ran429
  • User
  • Master of FREE rides!
More
11 Apr 2006 21:15 #38881 by ran429
Replied by ran429 on topic Hello
SAVE that tank !!

You will find it VERY VERY handy while working on the motor and using it as a remote tank on a shelf or something to protect your "NEW" tank that you need.

Honest. You want to keep it around. Never sell parts until you are certain you wont need them anymore.

Oh yeah, welcome to the madness!

Post edited by: ran429, at: 2006/04/12 00:16