New Guy...

More
07 Jul 2010 12:43 #380818 by 16ozbud
New Guy... was created by 16ozbud
I was recently lucky enough to pick up 2 KZ100 Police bikes on the cheap, really cheap. They both have not run in quite a few years. I'm not completely new to bikes, but am new to Kawis. I have a Yamaha 550 Maxim that I cut and grinded on and have a 650 Maxim waiting to receive a similar fate. I absolutely could not have done what I did to the Maxim without the vast information available on the internet by browsing through the proper forums. So now I'm here on this forum on a quest for KZ info. One of the police bikes is complete. It will kick over, so I know the motor isn't locked up. Can't even get a click when I try the starter. The PO has a toggle switch wired in for who knows what. May be for a light a siren or part of the starting circuit. I've already located a wiring diagram and plan to trace things out piece by piece. It's too nice of a bike and too complete to chop out, so it looks like a resto project is in order. The other bike isn't quite as complete, so anything is possible for that one. I have limited shop room with 5 bikes now (kid has a small dirt bike), so most of the work takes place outside. If it weren't for a rain storm, I'd be tracing the wires out right now. So I'll take this opportunity to basically stop in and say hi and let you know that I will be leaning on your trials and tribulations as I make this bike like new.

Thanks for your time,
Andrew

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
07 Jul 2010 15:13 #380844 by PLUMMEN
Replied by PLUMMEN on topic New Guy...
welcome to z-jungle B)

Still recovering,some days are better than others.

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.