Username: Password: Remember me
  • Page:

TOPIC:

GPz550 Newbie to Forum 23 Oct 2005 12:48 #3643

• neilage66
  • neilage66's Avatar Topic Author
  • User
  • Thank you received: 5
.....it happened one day on the way to the forum.....
Hello: wanted to check in, test my profile out, and see how the posting works in this new format. I ride a 1981 GPz550 as of 4 JUL last and have logged many thousands of miles on old Kawasaki's (73 Z1900, 78 KZ1000). As with many of us, I wish I had them both back today! I really am enjoying this GPz...it is a quick and nimble little ripper that is an absolute blast to ride! I am dreading the winter months ahead with no opportunity to ride. Maybe we should move south. For now, I'm still riding to work, but the week ahead looks cold....brrr. I just got out the coveralls.
:whistle:
I was able to post a photo of the 550 awhile back in the gallery here if you are interested. I really enjoy seeing the photos......happy trails.

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

GPz550 Newbie to Forum 24 Oct 2005 16:04 #3914

• DanOz7Five0
  • User
  • Thank you received: 0
Welcome aboard from another WI guy. Yeah riding season is almost up here and building season is right around the corner.

GPz550 Newbie to Forum 24 Oct 2005 17:55 #3945

• neilage66
  • neilage66's Avatar Topic Author
  • User
  • Thank you received: 5
Thanks for the welcome......I'm fortunate to have a garage, but it ain't heated. I'm seriously considering bending to temptation and buying a heater for wrenchin' times this winter. If you ever get near Madison from West Allis (I'm in Oregon 12 miles South) let me know as there is a nice coffeshop next door to where I live.
email: This email address is being protected from spambots. You need JavaScript enabled to view it.

GPz550 Newbie to Forum 24 Oct 2005 19:21 #3974

• rede4u
  • User
Welcome to the site. You'll find it interesting and varied. The last time I was in West Allis it was in the B&S foundry. Talk about riding season, It's been raining here practically non-stop since Saturday :(.

GPz550 Newbie to Forum 24 Oct 2005 19:45 #3980

• DanOz7Five0
  • User
I know what you mean about some garage heat. Last winter I found that even one of those Mr. Heaters that go on top of the propane tank are pretty good. Id go outside if it was over 25* and turn it on and as long as I was fairly close to the heater it got to be allright, even put some condensation on the garage windows a few times. If you have the money though, get a RediHeater that runs on kerosene. If you get a big one you will be wearing shorts in no time :laugh:

Heres a much smaller mostly WI forum you can check out www.metric-mafia.com/

• Page: