KZ750 CSR progress

More
13 Apr 2010 18:36 #360479 by slow1
KZ750 CSR progress was created by slow1
Well as stated in my introductory post, picked up an 82 KZ750 CSR that according to the PO had no compression, broken clutch cable and no keys. I pulled the ignition switch for the key number and after some searching found a manual. Although I was chomping at the bit to get started I decided to wait until I had the manual in my hands and a new clutch cable before continuing. Cable was scheduled to come today so I pulled the cover and disconnected the cable. Immediately found that the cable was intact but frozen and thats why there was so much slack in the cable. Squirted some CRC down the cable and let sit for awhile. Later I put one end in a vise and started to work it back and forth. It freed up and after a little fresh oil was working fine. Re-installed and found everything worked fine after adjusting. It seems the clutch cable had left the clutch just on the verge of grabbing so there was some resistance when trying to kick start but not enough to turn the engine over. Next step will be to pull the carbs, disassemble, clean and re-assemble. Also plan to clean and coat the gas tank if necessary and install an inline fuel filter. Is there anything else that would be recommended before trying to start?

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.