First Bike and First Time Member

More
06 Feb 2010 02:34 #346787 by Tului
First Bike and First Time Member was created by Tului
Hello everyone, just bought my first bike, an Italika FT 150 2008. Not much, but for $500 and a first bike I figured why the hell not. Haven't ridden a bike in over 15 years and when I last did it was a 250cc off road bike. Today I was riding this sin helmet on the streets of Mexicali(I was trying to find a tienda deportiva to buy one). It was a really liberating feeling though, everything is much "closer" and a lot different feeling on a bike.

Enough about the touchy feely stuff about my first real ride. I'm gonna browse the forum, read some FAQ's and search for stuff I have questions about(there are a couple of performance things on my bike I need to look up to see if its working as intended or screwy). And yes, I did read the New Members Read This First post. Everyone have a good weekend and stay safe.

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
06 Feb 2010 03:37 #346789 by Old Man Rock
Replied by Old Man Rock on topic First Bike and First Time Member
Welcome...

Of course we encourage everyone to join in the fun of working on their bikes, performance builds, restorations, technical discussions, riding and the freedom it brings to us in these forums the but I do have a question...

Italika FT?.... This is pretty much a Kawasaki KZ/GPZ website so not sure how much info you'll receive here for your bike but who knows.....

Back at ya... ride safe no doubt...

OMR

1976 KZ900-A4
MTC 1075cc.
Camshafts: Kawi GPZ-1100 .375 lift
Head: P&P via Larry Cavanaugh
ZX636 suspension
MIKUNI, RS-34'S...
Kerker 4-1, 1.5" comp baffle.
Dyna-S E.I.
Earls 10 row Oil Cooler
Acewell 2802 Series Speedo/Tach
Innovate LC1 Wideband 02 AFR meter

Phoenix, Az

More
06 Feb 2010 04:38 #346793 by Mcdroid
Replied by Mcdroid on topic First Bike and First Time Member
Welcome Tului...used to spend much time in Baja Norte...camping in the San Pedro Martirs, amongst other activities.

Michael
Victoria, Texas

1982 GPz750
1977 KZ1000A
1978 KZ1000A
1982 GPz1100
1975 Z2A

More
06 Feb 2010 04:44 #346794 by Tului
Replied by Tului on topic First Bike and First Time Member
Yea, I know its a KW site mostly but doing google searches for different things about bikes/engines etc you guys came up a lot or in cross links from other sites. While I can't ask any parts/model specific questions I figure combustion engines are similar in some aspects and I can possibly get pointed in the right direction. Another thing is all of the discussions of the Italika are in spanish. While I can read them, its hard to follow technical instructions. Even with my girlfriend translating.