New Scottish member

• Glenn
  • User
  • 1984 KZ1100R, 2015 Versys650 LT, 2008 KLR685
More
26 Mar 2010 12:34 - 26 Mar 2010 12:37 #356329 by Glenn
Replied by Glenn on topic New Scottish member
Nope, didn't see any scooters anywhere!;)Nevermind Tennant's, heres Scotlands true "national drink"!

I would rather wake up in the middle of nowhere than in any city on earth.
Steve McQueen
Attachments:
Last edit: 26 Mar 2010 12:37 by Glenn.

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
26 Mar 2010 14:51 #356351 by stevemcb
Replied by stevemcb on topic New Scottish member
The film might have been Quadrophenia by The Who about the mods and rockers in the sixties, there was revival in the early eighties with skinheads on scooters who were into ska & two-tone music,

Cowal games one for the Elvis fans ;)

This should bring back some memories

• riverroad
  • User
  • 1980 1000LTD B4
More
29 Mar 2010 04:49 #356877 by riverroad
Replied by riverroad on topic New Scottish member
Glen, I don't remember the Irn Bru beer. Wish I would've tried it. But I remember my first night in Dunoon, and I made the mistake of drinking three or four of those big Tennants lagers. I thought I could handle it, but as it turned out, compared to the local lads, I wasn't a very good drinker. :S And as a result, I missed the boat to the dry dock the next morning and was late my first day on the job. Big trouble!
I went over there twice. Once assigned to the Hunley, and the next on the Canopis. Or visa versa. Don't remember.

And Steve, yes it was Quadrophenia! Thanks. But I don't remember them being skinheads. At least they weren't as violent as the skinheads we have over here.

That last clip does bring back a lot of memories! And that scene outside that one hotel sure does look like the Tor Na Dee hotel. We had live bands there on the weekends, and it always turned into a big party. Good times!
Kind of a shocker to see the base all closed down like that. At the same time, I remember how ugly the dry dock looked compared to the surrounding scenery.
I sure do miss those fish and chips though. There are restaurants over here that serve fish and chips, but they just don't get it right.