• Page:

TOPIC:

hi guys 19 Mar 2006 16:41 #32614

• jbw7300
  • jbw7300's Avatar Topic Author
  • User
  • you can't ride if your fried
  • Thank you received: 0
hi, Just bought a 84 kz700a yesterday off ebay drove up next to boston to get it, did not hear it run or anything, guy said there was a problem with fuel getting to the carbs (was left sitting for a year half full of gas ummmmm. change that varnish!) drained the tank filled with fresh fuel hooked up my jump start pack and cranked and cranked and cranked. oh well off come the carbs pulled off the bowls they were full of crap all floats stuck, off to the parts store for some berrymans, ok now to clean the jets all the pilots plugged passages plugged cleaned and blew compressed air through, cleaned bowls and drains, reassembeled back to the bike they go, turn on the fuel turned on the key,choke on hit the starter vrooommm 1200 rpm 2000 rpm 3000 rpm back off on the choke let it warm up (oh i pulled the air box after the carbs to clean it out filter had fallen apart into sticky clumps) shut off the choke and it stalls will not run off choke changed the plugs b8es i think, start it up again same problem also noticed right two cly #3,4 heat up much faster than #1,2 went to local shop ordered k&n filter for stock air box , mac black 4 into 1 exhaust and dyno jet kit stage 1 and 3 hope this fixes problem i figure factory jets 105 main forgot to check pilots cant handle the extra air flow at the moment, when i get home from work tommarow i'm gonna check compression.

just wanted to know if this 700 is a good motor any known problems or things to look out for, any comments or suggestions would be grately appreciated[img size=150][/img][img size=150][/img]
84 kz 700 a1 sports
Attachments:

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

hi guys 19 Mar 2006 16:56 #32617

• RetroRiceRocketRider
  • User
  • ...bring in the machine that goes PING!
  • Thank you received: 29
Welcome to KZr.

That 700 is a pretty good motor. It is a KZ by all means, right? ;)
Same engine I have in my ZN700.

I can't think of anything in particular to this specific engine in the way of problems.
It's a KZ, so it will be cold-blooded like the rest of them.
The major hurdle you MIGHT have is that bike was only made in '84, so some mechanical parts will only fit that bike.
Kawi also made a 750 version of it in '83, and the early GPZ750's with the fork mounted fairings were fairly similar as well.

Post edited by: RetroRiceRocketRider, at: 2006/03/19 20:01
Covina, So Calif!
78 KZ650-B2 = SOLD
84 ZN700 LTD = SOLD
84 ZX750 GPz = SOLD
89 GSX1100F Katana = SLEEPING :-/
20 VN1700 Vulcan Vaquero (the Blue Cowboy)
Looking for my next project KZ

hi guys 19 Mar 2006 17:01 #32620

• jbw7300
  • jbw7300's Avatar Topic Author
  • User
  • you can't ride if your fried
  • Thank you received: 0
as far as i can tell the bike came in black only in 84 with red and yellow stripes was going to repaint it the same colors but now i don't know about the color
i was going to resote it to factory seeing as it's kinda rare any opinions????????
84 kz 700 a1 sports

• Page: