Hello all from Mentor Ohio

More
29 Aug 2009 19:15 #317455 by lost1888
Hello all from Mentor Ohio was created by lost1888
Well I hear about this site from a guy who I picked some parts for my 1982 KZ 750 twin. It's in a state of neglect. I got it from a friend for free. It sat in the barn for three years. I'm hoping to restore it. Not to stock condition. I'm into standard bike and cafe racers. So most likely it's going to go that route. Couple things I hope to accomplish are upgraded forks to dual disk and SSSA. Right now I don't even know if it's possible. But with some research and time I'll do what I can. Currently I ride a 04 Suzuki SV650 Nakkid. So time really isn't an issue as much as having the funds to make it happen.

So here are some pics of my SV first and then the KZ. Let me know your thoughts and hope to get to know some of you along the journey.

82 KZ750 M? How I got it. And all my pics. s159.photobucket.com/albums/t132/mdnd777/82%20Kawi%20KZ750/

After I gave it a bath and pulled the tank and some other parts off.

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
29 Aug 2009 20:11 #317464 by PLUMMEN
Replied by PLUMMEN on topic Hello all from Mentor Ohio
welcome to z-jungle B) hows steell these days?

Still recovering,some days are better than others.

• Iron Duke
  • User
  • what are you rebelling against?
More
29 Aug 2009 22:35 #317475 by Iron Duke
Replied by Iron Duke on topic Hello all from Mentor Ohio
Welcome, Lost; hope you enjoy our site we are very proud of KZR.after the bath looks like the start of something new, The invasion continues. Duke

1982 KZ550 LTD C-3
1979 XS1100 F Yamaha

More
30 Aug 2009 05:10 #317517 by chance
Replied by chance on topic Hello all from Mentor Ohio
Hi, those 750 twins are nice bikes but I think yours is gay watch that thing..

More
30 Aug 2009 05:26 #317521 by lost1888
Replied by lost1888 on topic Hello all from Mentor Ohio
Thanks for the welcome all.

The tank is bare metal now with some putty to fit some small dents, sanded and ready for primer. So the gayness is gone. Only to be remembered by the pictures.

More
30 Aug 2009 05:43 #317524 by chance
Use some bare metal acid etching epoxy primer a must for bare metal you can buy it in a spray can now made by SEM Its lite green and the can has a nozzle that as a fan tip so its easy to apply 10 dollars I'll show you a tank I did..

More
30 Aug 2009 05:57 - 30 Aug 2009 06:02 #317528 by chance
Last edit: 30 Aug 2009 06:02 by chance. Reason: resize

More
30 Aug 2009 08:15 #317543 by lost1888
Replied by lost1888 on topic Hello all from Mentor Ohio
Thanks for the recommendation. Your tank looks good. I'm going to loose the plates on the tank so I filled the recess in. For sure I'll use an etching primer and then a red oxide then painting it gloss black. I should be sealing the inside of the tank also. I has some rust and I want to do it right the first time and be done with it.

Right now I need to get a battery and see if she will start up. Carbs a cleaned and ready, compression seems good from the kick start, then it's getting striped down and painted.

More
30 Aug 2009 10:16 #317574 by chance
You sound like you know what you'er doing. when you fill where the emblems go don't use bondo I've done a few and it will cause ghosting where you will see the indention. I would put metal to metal body filler or kitty hair fiberglass filler will work . I have been cutting a metal plate and weld them in as you would shaving door handles and such. No ghosting after that.If its a keeper I'd do it right.. Have a good one Bro. Chance