Old superbike dual sport flat track enthusiast

• markk53
  • Topic Author
  • User
  • Just love the old superbike & flat track look...
More
15 Aug 2009 10:51 #314067 by markk53
I just joined up for a couple of reasons. I have a ZR550 Zephyr which is a 1990 update of the old KZ/GPz550 naked bikes. I like a small bore and the old superbike look. I had looked around for an old KZ550 circa 81-84 or whenever, but due to all the exporting of the late 80s and 90s there just aren't too many at a good price. I also considered the 86 Honda Nighthawk S in r/w/b since I had one and loved it, but again not too many around. I included the Zephyr 550 because of the look too. Seemed all of them were hundreds of miles away if even available... until I stumbled on an Ohio used bike website and found one - about a mile from where I lived. It was a bit rought, but at $900 I think I did okay.

One reason I am here is because of the similarities between the KZ/GPz and the ZR engines. I can ask questions of owners of somewhat similar bikes. I am a member of the Zephyr-Zone and All things 550 too, but the former has a lot of big bores too and the former isn't too active. So I broaden my horizons...

The other reason is because I am making a part for Kawasakis and some others that are sold at very good pricing in the market place. I'm asking about the advertising to see if I can afford to go to the vendors listing, but I'm very small potatos here. It isn't a cash cow and my main thing is teaching middle school industrial technology. My part manufacturing came out of necessity for my own motorcycles. I am developing a reputation for a good value product, which was important. It was important because it wasn't the money, it was response and desire to help the groups of which I hold membership. I was in the groups before I started making the parts. Involvement.

I hope it's acceptable here too.

My bikes can be seen here at bike pics: www.bikepics.com/members/klx678/

1990 Kawasaki Zephyr 550
1995 Kawasaki KLX650C dual sport
1978 Yamaha SR500 Streettracker

Produce cam chain tensioners www.bikepics.com/pictures/1683190/

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
15 Aug 2009 10:53 #314068 by PLUMMEN
welcome to z-jungle ,dont tell anybody but i had a thing for the honda nighthawks back in the day also! :laugh:

Still recovering,some days are better than others.

More
15 Aug 2009 22:35 #314262 by Mark Wing
Replied by Mark Wing on topic Old superbike dual sport flat track enthusiast
Welcome to KZR, nice group of bikes.

Mark

Jesus loves you Everyone else thinks your an ***

77 KZ650 C1 with ZX7 forks, GPZ mono rear, wider 18 police wheels and Yoshimura motor.

Yorba Linda Cal.