Hi All Noob From Nebraska!

More
28 Mar 2009 06:47 #276023 by N0NB
Replied by N0NB on topic Hi All Noob From Nebraska!
For you guys close to Lincoln, you have what appears to me a nice shop on North 27th Street, Great Plains Cycle Supply. I stopped in there a week ago and they were plenty busy. I hadn't been in there for a few years and he stopped carrying Castrol oil so I walked out empty handed. They tend to cater to the classic/vintage crowd.

Someone asked him how business was going since the HD dealership had moved from across the street and north a half block or so and he said that hadn't affected them at all. He said they still have plenty of traffic from people going to Star City Motorsports. I was up that way too and they looked quite busy.

I saw mostly cruisers out last Saturday in Lincoln along with a few Wings and perhaps a handful of other machines. Kind of like everywhere else I go.

Nate

Nates vintage bike axiom: Riding is the reward for time spent wrenching.
Murphys corollary: Wrenching is the result of time spent riding.

1979 KZ650 (Complete!)
1979 KZ650 SR (Sold!)
1979 KL250 (For sale)
1994 Bayou 400 (four wheel peel :D )

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
28 Mar 2009 13:00 #276105 by KZTom
Replied by KZTom on topic Hi All Noob From Nebraska!
Nice ride and welcome. I'm in O-Town too!

1977 KZ650-B

Omaha, NE

More
13 Apr 2009 20:37 #281529 by 88alltrac
Replied by 88alltrac on topic Hi All Noob From Nebraska!
N0NB wrote:

For you guys close to Lincoln, you have what appears to me a nice shop on North 27th Street, Great Plains Cycle Supply. I stopped in there a week ago and they were plenty busy. I hadn't been in there for a few years and he stopped carrying Castrol oil so I walked out empty handed. They tend to cater to the classic/vintage crowd.

Someone asked him how business was going since the HD dealership had moved from across the street and north a half block or so and he said that hadn't affected them at all. He said they still have plenty of traffic from people going to Star City Motorsports. I was up that way too and they looked quite busy.

I saw mostly cruisers out last Saturday in Lincoln along with a few Wings and perhaps a handful of other machines. Kind of like everywhere else I go.

Im in Lincoln too. Great Plains Cycle Shop is a pretty cool place. I stopped by there one day with my kz1000 and the owner came out and took a look at my bike and said that he had bought up a lot of NOS parts for the old kz's seemed like a really nice guy.

We should try to get all the nebraska people together and go riding sometime. Im pretty new down here and dont know a lot of people to ride with but I want to put on some serious miles this season.

81 KZ1000 K1
Lincoln NE