Newb in Nebraska

More
24 Mar 2009 09:05 #274847 by PLUMMEN
Replied by PLUMMEN on topic Newb in Nebraska
ive been known to bounce between omaha/louisville/ashland and all points between,was in lincoln couple weeks ago at the swap meet. what makes you think shaft is bent,could it be a return spring?B)

Still recovering,some days are better than others.

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

• NewRider_NewerBuilder
  • Topic Author
  • User
More
24 Mar 2009 10:30 #274875 by NewRider_NewerBuilder
Replied by NewRider_NewerBuilder on topic Newb in Nebraska
I pulled the cover plate off, and the spring works well, and looking on the cover plate, it rubs in the same way each time it turns. Its not bent all that much, but at this time im thinking that I will buy a new cover plate for it, and file this one down some, so it doesnt rub, and once i get the new kickstarter shaft in put a new cover plate on.

I am kind of out of ideas at this point, because I already figured replacing the kicker shaft is a big undertaking, and really would rather put it off until i rebuild the engine after this season is over.

rebuilding the engine is inevitable too, there is an oil leak that I can't pinpoint.

Oh yea forgot a few things on the rebuild list:
Need to drill out a few bolts that snapped off.
Engine cover plate, over the clutch, is cracked.
Horn (dead)
Right hand controls (starter button broken[even though i wont use it ever])
Would love to get some Spoked rims for it at some point, but not high on the list...

First bike was a 1981 Kawasaki KZ750 LTD good bike to learn on, not to fast, not to slow, really stable.

Picked up a 80' KZ750 Twin non-running, last summer, got it running, have had carb problems galore will hopefully have it running in may.

More
24 Mar 2009 10:38 #274879 by PLUMMEN
Replied by PLUMMEN on topic Newb in Nebraska
what part of omaha is the bike in?send me a pm if you want B)

Still recovering,some days are better than others.