Hello

More
01 Mar 2006 16:33 #27370 by NOS
Hello was created by NOS
Hello everyone, my name is Robert and I'm from South Texas. I picked up my first (street) bike (KZ550) in August of this last year for $250. I started working on it in the past couple of months and have loved every minute of it.

I love the thrill of making my bike custom for ME!!!

I can't wait to post my pics, but for now I have to do some work (not on the KZ :( )
I will post some pics of my bike in the next few days if I can.

Until the next post,
thanks for reading

NOS

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
01 Mar 2006 17:34 #27382 by rstnick
Replied by rstnick on topic Hello
Welcome to KZR NOS. Get those pictures up soon, and happy riding! B)

Rob
CANADA

Need a key for your Kawasaki? PM me

1978 KZ650 C2, 130K kms, Delkevic ex, EI, CVK32, PMC easy clutch, ATK fork brace, steering damper, braced swingarm, 18" Z1R front wheel.
2000 ZRX1100
2011 Ninja 250R
2005 z750s

More
01 Mar 2006 19:26 #27419 by N0NB
Replied by N0NB on topic Hello
Welcome aboard, NOS.

Progress pics are always interesting. It's really good to be able to look at the progression. I'm glad I did.

- Nate >>

Nate

Nates vintage bike axiom: Riding is the reward for time spent wrenching.
Murphys corollary: Wrenching is the result of time spent riding.

1979 KZ650 (Complete!)
1979 KZ650 SR (Sold!)
1979 KL250 (For sale)
1994 Bayou 400 (four wheel peel :D )

More
01 Mar 2006 19:38 #27426 by Heuy Insane Airbrush
Replied by Heuy Insane Airbrush on topic Hello
Welcome Bro:evil:

More
01 Mar 2006 20:12 #27445 by NOS
Replied by NOS on topic Hello
This is a pic of how she was when I got her home. As you can see, the bike had seen better days.
I had just put some grips on when I took the pic. There were no grips on when I got it, and I thought adding the chrome grips would help the bike :blink:, but that was just a dream :laugh: ...

But... for $250 (and $25 extra on the grips) I thought I could give it a go and see what I could do.

:evil:
There are many more pics to come and I'll post some more as soon as I have the time.

:( Well looks like I will have to edit that down a bit smaller in order to post it. I'll try to get that pic up soon. Sorry about the teaser :blush:

Post edited by: NOS, at: 2006/03/01 23:33
Attachments:

More
01 Mar 2006 20:29 #27450 by NOS
:unsure: Let's try that again
Attachments:

More
02 Mar 2006 05:53 #27499 by ejshotgun
Replied by ejshotgun on topic Hello
Very Nice, NOS, and Welcome!
Are you going to leave the front fender on and what if anything are you thinking about the bars/instruments /headlight.

More
02 Mar 2006 09:03 #27539 by NOS
Well to tell the truth the front fender is still an option. And the bars have changed, although they may change again soon.

I live down the street from an older motorcycle shop. They have vintage parts for many metric bikes dating back to the early 60's. I have gotten to know the owner very well, and have free reign of the shop and storage areas. I have access to any part that I may need for a KZ, or whatever I choose that fits ;).

As far as the gauges, I'm thinking of something more sleek and stylish. But, that all depends on what I can find at "the shop".

The bike has undergone quite a transformation since the pic above. I just haven't had much time to size the pics to fit in the post. I'll start editing them as soon as I can. I'll try to throw a recent pic in so you can see what it looks like now.
I'd say to let me know what you think, but from what I have seen in the forums so far, that is a given ;).

Attachments:

More
02 Mar 2006 10:34 #27558 by Mcdroid
Replied by Mcdroid on topic Hello
NOS wrote:

I live down the street from an older motorcycle shop. They have vintage parts for many metric bikes dating back to the early 60's. I have gotten to know the owner very well, and have free reign of the shop and storage areas. I have access to any part that I may need for a KZ, or whatever I choose that fits

NOS:

Welcome and I'd like to hear more about the local motorcycle shop...they are pretty rare nowadays...and I'm just down the road from you (from a Texas viewpoint!)

Michael
Victoria, Texas

1982 GPz750
1977 KZ1000A
1978 KZ1000A
1982 GPz1100
1975 Z2A

More
03 Mar 2006 19:30 #28008 by NOS
Mcdroid, I sent you a PM with the name of the shop. Let me know if you need any more info.

Hope that helps :)

More
04 Mar 2006 20:56 #28303 by NOS
Sorry to double post:blush:

I just had to tell everyone that I got a "new" project bike. It's a 1982 KZ750 Spectre with 8k on it and clear title for :blink: $175!! It just needs some basics like battery, oil change, new sparkplugs/wires, you know the whole tuneup routine.
It is in much better condition than my 550 was in and just needs some TLC.
It's dark now, so I'll take some pics of it in the morning and post them.

Just wanted to share :woohoo:

More
07 Mar 2006 18:41 #29198 by JUSTICE114
Replied by JUSTICE114 on topic Hello
Hey Bro and welcome!B) Bro your comin up on some serious bike at a cheap price. Keep those pics comin and good huntin! My first bike was a 82 GS650. 650 are good startin bikes. :cheer:

Post edited by: JUSTICE114, at: 2006/03/09 17:28