New to me KZ200

More
18 Aug 2008 20:39 #232809 by jphonger
New to me KZ200 was created by jphonger
Greetings KZriders!
I joined the forum almost a month ago, and this is my first post. I wanted to introduce myself. My name is JP and I live in rural Vermont in the USA.
My wife's brother gave us a 78 KZ200 (it's actually hers, but I ride it quite a bit) One heck of a birthday present.
When we got it, all of the lights were blown, the battery was shot, and it did not run. After a couple weekends of tinkering, a new spark plug, some bulbs, a headlight modification, new battery and some more tinkering, it is now registered, inspected and being ridden almost every day.
here is a photo for you to see if you are interested. My wife loves her "little PUT PUT" as she calls it, and I am glad she is learning on the little 200 instead of my SV650.
If there are other kz200 owners that want to share stories or repair tips, please let me know.
Attachments:

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
18 Aug 2008 20:59 #232815 by Sandy
Replied by Sandy on topic New to me KZ200
Welcome to the forum.B)

What a nice bike!

I'd like to find one for MY wife,and get her into riding.
Right now,she's content as a passenger,but she DID mention that she MIGHT be interested in getting her own...hmmm.:S

1977 KZ1000 A-1

More
18 Aug 2008 21:20 #232820 by jphonger
Replied by jphonger on topic New to me KZ200
Thanks Sandy! it is a really nice bike. I don't really have it running perfect yet, but it is reliable enough that we go out for long rides, and it hasn't broken down yet. It is a great bike for my wife while she is learning, but I can already tell that she will outgrow it by the end of the summer, if not sooner. she is happy and content right now, so that is all that matters!
if you can get your hands on one for your wife, i recommend it. chances are you will be able to find one cheap, make it run well and polish it up, let the wife learn, and then sell it later for more than you paid! Or you can hold on to it cuz it is so cute, aww look at the little single....
-jp