Nice site you got here.

More
11 Feb 2006 07:25 #23108 by Magoo
Nice site you got here. was created by Magoo
Been lurking for a while and thought I should finally register.

First thing I'm gonna do is fess up. I don't not, nor have I ever owned a KZ of any type. I do have a pretty deep appreciation for them, though. My good friend got me into biking many years ago. We've logged a lot of miles on together. He's owned older KZ's exclusively. A couple of KZ 440's and a pair of KZ 750's. I've always thought they were great bikes. Simple, comfortable and plenty fast to boot.

I may not be able to help with a lot of KZ specific info, but hopefully can contribute in other ways.

Thanks for having me.

Magoo

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
11 Feb 2006 07:31 #23110 by ltdrider
Replied by ltdrider on topic Nice site you got here.
Welcome aboard!
Lots of good stuff here. If you're interesed in bikes in general, and KZs specfically, this is the place.

'76 KZ900 LTD (Blaze)
'96 Voyager XII (Dark Star)
'79 KZ650 Cafe Project (Dirty Kurt)
Greensboro, NC

More
12 Feb 2006 13:48 #23385 by Magoo

More
12 Feb 2006 14:47 #23396 by reborn650
Replied by reborn650 on topic Nice site you got here.
Hey Magoo-Welcome aboard. Just to let you know we are known to occasionally make fun of Honda groupies around here but it is all in good fun as many of us have owned Hondas before we saw the light of the Mother Ship-Kawasaki.
I've owned a wickedly sweet CBX that sounded like an F-16 on full song and a CB550-F that sounded like a Cessna missing a cylinder, so I have seen the best and the not so best of Honda's offerings. One day I would like to own a little CB 400 F Super Sport. They were pretty trick little lightweights. We will bow our heads in unison and pray for you that you will one day worship at the Kz alter like the rest of us:)
Cheers-Colin Firth-Ontario Canada
'77Kz650 undergoing a major heart transplant with an 810 Wiseco upgrade.

-1977 Kz650 Custom bought new by brother. Now with 810 kit, GPz750 cams, intake valves, Mikuni 29 smoothbores, velocity stacks, Dyna Igntion, MAC pipe and other goodies.
-1982 Ferrari 308 GTSi Red/Tan
-Toyota FJ Cruiser - 6 speed tank
-2010 Mazda CX-7 Turbo (my bride's)
-1998 Jeep TJ Wrangler 4.0...

More
12 Feb 2006 17:19 #23418 by Magoo
Replied by Magoo on topic Nice site you got here.
reborn650 wrote:

Hey Magoo-Welcome aboard. Just to let you know we are known to occasionally make fun of Honda groupies around here but it is all in good fun as many of us have owned Hondas before we saw the light of the Mother Ship-Kawasaki.
quote]

LOL! We do the same thing on the V4 board, but usually relegate it to Harleys. No offense taken by a little jab here and there. I sort of expect a little bit of that being on a KZ board with no KZ. All I can tell you is that I have ridden/owned plenty of bikes and even sold em for a few years. The borrow program has been good to me.

Having said all that I secretly lust for one of those old KZ1000 LTDs, I think. Hell, I'm not even sure what the hell bike it is, but it looked like my buddies 80 KZ750, but bigger, shinier and had a radiator.

Lastly, the V65 is no slouch. I flog it regularly and it complies perfectly. I ride with, and occasionally beat, bikes that are supposedly better (a.k.a. VMax, GS 1000E's, etc.) and I love my bike. As bad to the bone as I think it is, I have to get to serious triple digit speeds to lose my buddy on his 750. That thing is quick as f*@k!

I love my V65, but in all of my motorcycling experiences the KZ's are a simple and well built motorcycle that had very nice styling in the mid 70s-mid 80s and could keep up with anything else on the road and hardly ever break. What more do you want?

Magoo

More
12 Feb 2006 19:34 #23452 by ltdluke80
Replied by ltdluke80 on topic Nice site you got here.
welcome magoo. its okay if you choose to ride honda. got any seat time on any other brands? thats a pretty trick ride you got there. any mods?
Luke

More
13 Feb 2006 05:57 #23498 by Mcdroid
Replied by Mcdroid on topic Nice site you got here.
Welcome Magoo, I like your snow tires...which is one of the reasons I moved south:)

Michael
Victoria, Texas

1982 GPz750
1977 KZ1000A
1978 KZ1000A
1982 GPz1100
1975 Z2A

More
13 Feb 2006 07:34 #23510 by Magoo
Replied by Magoo on topic Nice site you got here.
ltdluke80 wrote:

welcome magoo. its okay if you choose to ride honda. got any seat time on any other brands? thats a pretty trick ride you got there. any mods?
Luke

You know I do, smartass. Luke is my buddy who got me into bikes many moons ago. His wife is also having their first child today. Hope everything goes well, Luke.

Other bikes of the past? 74 CB360 (1st bike. Wadded it.), 70 CB750 (2nd bike. Wadded it.), 80 or 81 GS 850L shafty (loved it.), Couple of Radians (small but fun) and V65 Sabre and my current V65 Magna. I might be missing one or two, but those are ones that come to mind.

Magoo