• Page:

TOPIC:

the kz1000st is home! 10 Feb 2006 18:50 #23043

• superjohn
  • superjohn's Avatar Topic Author
  • User
  • Thank you received: 0
Hey All!

well, we got the bike home without incident. the battery does indeed seem to be shot, so that will have to be replaced. with a jump though, the bike started and seems to idle pretty well. won't throttle up though (not enough spark energy?); also seems to be backfireing thru the carbs a little. it's cold and snowy here today, so we didn't mess with it much, but it seems to be pretty cold blooded. of course who knows how old the gas is...

the only thing i'd say is not quite as described in the auction is the condition of the tires; will definately need replaced in the near future. anyone have a preference in tires out there?

otherwise, i'm jazzed about the bike. or at least as jazzed as i can be with this damn respiratory infection that's kicking my ass. and the return of winter, just when i get my bike! :angry:

anyone know of any websites dedicated to this particular model? i'm kind of interested in specs, history, sales etc. the look of it kind of makes me think kawasaki was trying for a cross between a cruiser and a cafe racer.

at any rate, i'll post more as i start to feel better and the weather allows a more thorough flogging. oh, and i'll see about posting a photo.

hey, there is a shallow dent in the top of the fuel tank. anyone have a favorite dent removal method, or a tank they want to sell? dirt cheap? rubber side down.

john

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

the kz1000st is home! 10 Feb 2006 19:50 #23055

• wireman
  • Visitor
i like metzelers,havei ever mentioned that on here before?:whistle: bwaha .lets see some pictures!

the kz1000st is home! 10 Feb 2006 21:11 #23067

• ejshotgun
  • User
  • Thank you received: 1
Allll Right the fun begins.
Yep, I've had 2 of these KZ's '76 900 and my Baby and both of them are cold blooded. Reminds me of my Chevy's that's one of the reasons I love 'em. Their like the old Timex commercials "They take a licking and keep on ticking"B)

the kz1000st is home! 11 Feb 2006 06:55 #23103

• DanOz7Five0
  • User
  • Thank you received: 0
Glad to hear you got it home. Now keep a photo log of your work, but DONT keep a financial log LOL.

• Page: