pis posted

More
18 Jun 2008 13:08 #220738 by showstopper
pis posted was created by showstopper
just posted my pics.take a look and let me know what u guys thank.

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
18 Jun 2008 18:21 #220776 by IowaKZ
Replied by IowaKZ on topic pis posted
Awsome bike, great pics. how about a few details.:)

1980 G1 Classic
Bettendorf, Iowa

More
18 Jun 2008 18:22 #220777 by IowaKZ
Replied by IowaKZ on topic pis posted
oh yeah, welcome to the site:laugh:

1980 G1 Classic
Bettendorf, Iowa

More
18 Jun 2008 18:30 #220780 by showstopper
Replied by showstopper on topic pis posted
its a 78 kz 1000,zx9 frontend,custom made swingarm 8in over monoshock,1075 kit 38 carbs, cut gears,rc comp wheels.

More
18 Jun 2008 20:02 #220798 by PLUMMEN
Replied by PLUMMEN on topic pis posted
where are they posted?

Still recovering,some days are better than others.
Attachments:

More
18 Jun 2008 20:42 #220812 by showstopper
in kz 1000 mpic gallery

More
18 Jun 2008 21:37 #220824 by racer54
Replied by racer54 on topic pis posted
Gorgeous bike. Lots of time in this one. Be very proud of your work. Fantastic looking bike. How big is the rear tire? Like they say...welcome to the site. Always good to get some fresh blood. Sure would like to get some more details on the bike...as I'm sure others would too.

1980 LTD (changed over the years), 1979 LTD (being rebuilt), 1977 KZ turbo and various KZ's in various states of build. KLX110

More
19 Jun 2008 15:51 #220969 by showstopper
whats up guys?heres some details on my bike the showstopper.it start off as a stock 78 kz 1000.i had it about 2years before i rebuilt it.i had a short in the wiring and it went up in smoke.so i decide to build the bike i always wanted.i strip the bike to bear bones.i had the front rake and i had 4in added to the tail and cut the rear footpegs off.then i had the zx9 frontend mounted then the swing was made for me by a freind in maryland.i sent the body over seas to be painted by simon at s@m designs.the motor was rebuilt with everythng new besides the crank just had it reworked.i mean everythings new from the pistons to the camchain rollers.i had a custom outer bearing support made for it.the pipe was my idea.it was made by taking a 4 in pipe bending to the shape i wanted ,cutting it down the middle ,then cutting flat chromemolly plate to the shape i wanted and welding the top and bottom on.it also has a mono shock off a zx750 for better handling and ride comfort.the wheels are rc components with a 250m rear tire.i hope you guys injoy the pic's .anything you would like to know feel free to ask.

More
20 Jun 2008 09:57 #221126 by ltdrider
Replied by ltdrider on topic pis posted
showstopper, I just say your pics in the image gallery. That is one beautiful bike....can't even imagine how much time you've got in it. Definitely a real head-turner!

'76 KZ900 LTD (Blaze)
'96 Voyager XII (Dark Star)
'79 KZ650 Cafe Project (Dirty Kurt)
Greensboro, NC

More
20 Jun 2008 11:49 #221149 by racer54
Replied by racer54 on topic pis posted
Thanks for the information. Everytime I look at the pictures, I see something I didn't last time. How does the bike ride and corner with that size rear tire. I have read where those bigger tires corner fine till you get past the 240 size, then they become trickier to ride. what year front end did you use? Love the look of the mono-shocks on these bikes but have no idea where to even start on something like that. Great job on the mod.s and your ideas that you put into it.

1980 LTD (changed over the years), 1979 LTD (being rebuilt), 1977 KZ turbo and various KZ's in various states of build. KLX110