Whats up folks, new Z1 owner in North Carolina

• jdsmithinc
  • Topic Author
  • User
  • You want some of this? Huh? Do ya?
More
30 May 2008 05:35 #216724 by jdsmithinc
Hi, my name is Joe and I just bought a 73 KZ900 yesterday evening for $100!! The bike is pretty much stock with the exception of a 4 into 1 header, and all I need to do is clean the carbs and find the PO so I can get a title. I found this bike sitting in a barn beside a mustang that I was checking out (I buy mustangs and part them out on Ebay for a hobby) The guy couldnt tell me much about it, only that he picked it up at an estate sale and when he got it it was running. It had been sitting in that barn of his since 1989. He never got around to getting a title for it, and I will have to do a little digging to get one but shouldnt be much of a problem. He told me that if I bought his stang he would let me have it for an extra $100. I cant get pics right now but as soon as my camera charges back up I most certainly will upload some. I absolutely love these older bikes and just recently sold my 78 XS1100 special, and a run down 75 CB750. I had been looking for a nice looking bike and when I saw this one it made me feel like a kid in a candy store. The only thing I dont like about it is that someone took off the springs and put some twisted metal bars on the back so it probably will ride rough as a corn cob. They also took off the original guages and put on some smaller ones along with some drag type handle bars. I may need some help along the way to get her running good, and I have a tendency to ramble (as if you hadnt noticed) but please bear with me. Thanks for allowing me to be a member here and I look forward to meeting some new freinds on here.

74 Kawasaki Z1 900
78 Honda CB 750
97 Ford F-150
Mustangs, too many to list on here (I like to rip the pieces of junk apart)
Located in Shelby, N.C.
If life gives you lemons make lemonade, then find someone whos life was given vodka and have a party.

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
30 May 2008 05:52 #216728 by Mcdroid
Welcome jdmithinc!...I am almost sure we can assit you in rebuilding you treasure (and you did acquire a treasure)...might I also suggest this site

groups.msn.com/WorldwideZ1Z900Ownerscommunity/_whatsnew.msnw

That site requires you to join but is fully staffed by Z1 geeks:)

Michael
Victoria, Texas

1982 GPz750
1977 KZ1000A
1978 KZ1000A
1982 GPz1100
1975 Z2A

• jdsmithinc
  • Topic Author
  • User
  • You want some of this? Huh? Do ya?
More
30 May 2008 19:02 #216867 by jdsmithinc
Replied by jdsmithinc on topic Whats up folks, new Z1 owner in North Carolina
I got the carbs cleaned today, and had a few issues. I posted a topic in the carbs section so maybe I could get a little help. Thanks, Joe

74 Kawasaki Z1 900
78 Honda CB 750
97 Ford F-150
Mustangs, too many to list on here (I like to rip the pieces of junk apart)
Located in Shelby, N.C.
If life gives you lemons make lemonade, then find someone whos life was given vodka and have a party.